April 25, 2024, 03:30:33 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Presentation Help+scanning ion conductance microscopy for studying biological  (Read 2906 times)

Offline lip

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hi All,
I am currently preparing  a 45 minute presentation about scanning ion conductance microscopy for studying biological samples .

I am currently reading about the topic but need some ideas for organizing my presentation as I have no previous experience in presenting . On top of this I am a ESL student.
I am planning to  organize this presentation as follows

Initial slides on the introduction of the technique.
Then to talk about the mathematical descriptions/modeling of the response of the instrument. In this case, how ionic current through the aperture of a micro-pipette change with distance of the pipette from the surface, assumption and approximation and so on
Next, I want to talk about the different modes of operation of the instrument.
e.g. Hoping mode, etc..
Finally Applications
e.g.
High-resolution imaging of biological samples
Determining of local cell volume change
Smart patch clamp

In application section how should I organized things what should be most appropriate to talks 

Audience will be faculty of the uni (Analytical )

Thanks for your inputs

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
On top of this I am a ESL student.
I think means English as a Second Language

Offline mikasaur

• Mole Snacks: +27/-1
  • Chemist in training
Your English is pretty darn good judging from this post of yours.

You may want to ask the mods if they can move this to the Analytical Chemistry board, though. Or at least ask them what they think the best place for this post is. This General board is just that -- general. And you might get more/better answers on a specialty board.

Please don't double-post though, as that is against the rules. :D
Or you could, you know, Google it.

Offline lip

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Thank you both for your responses. I will try to move this to the most relevant section of the forum.   

Offline kriggy

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +136/-16
The outline seems good enough, I would reserve at least 15 minutes for aplications and maybe (Im not realy sure because Ive never heard of the technique) advantages and disadvantages when compared to other microscopic methods (if there are any that can be used as a substitute)

Sponsored Links