April 26, 2024, 02:21:42 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Looking for the right master  (Read 2095 times)

polymer love

Looking for the right master
« on: February 04, 2016, 01:27:43 PM »
Hello to everyone! I study chemistry and i am from greece. I want to find a good and interesting master but i don t know how to search. My field is chemical technology and industrial chemistry and i had classes like polymer chemistry, food chemistry, colors, nanotechnology and of course the main courses organic,biochemical etc.. I can speak english and i have also a degree in french and german language.
That s why i find it hard to choose a country first.
Your help will be valuable! Thank you! :)

Offline P

• Mole Snacks: +64/-15
  • I am what I am
Re: Looking for the right master
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 08:44:37 AM »
If you are very obedient then I will be your Master if you want one.  >:D

If you are looking for a Masters course you might want to decide if you want a taught one or a research based one...  I think you have to contact the universities you are interested in to see what courses they are offering.

Out of interest (it has been a long time since mine) I just typed 'Masters Degree Polymer Chemistry' into google and it gave some places offering MSc's in the list...   try with straight chemistry, food chemistry or whatever your interest.

I hope this helps.  :)
Tonight I’m going to party like it’s on sale for $19.99!

- Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

Offline Furanone

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +34/-2
  • Actually more a Food Chemist
Re: Looking for the right master
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 01:15:30 PM »
If you are interested in studying Food Polymers (starch, hydrocolloids such as xanthan, carrageenan, etc.) then one of the top professors in this field (in my opinion based on what he has published is Dr. Stephen Harding at University of Nottingham in UK.

Here is the link to his lab:
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ncmh/index.aspx

If you do a search a lot of his articles and book chapter will come up. I have learned a lot from him.
"The true worth of an experimenter consists in pursuing not only what he seeks in his experiment, but also what he did not seek."

--Sir William Bragg (1862 - 1942)

Sponsored Links