March 19, 2024, 03:28:49 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: AP test  (Read 222983 times)

Offline rctrackstar2007

• Mole Snacks: +18/-40
  • I need scoobie snacks and a 5 on the test!
AP test
« on: May 05, 2006, 03:34:08 PM »
Who all here is taking the AP Chemistry test this Wednesday?

Do you feel prepared?
AP Chemistry Squad Member [002]

The world is like an atom. The not-quite-as-intelligent people are the nucleus all packed together sharing a common...everything. We, we are the electrons. Granted we're not as smart as these engineers and what-not so we're most likely in the first orbital, but we're the electrons of this giant atom. We all have differing intelligences and ideas and we are separated from the nucleus which makes us better because no one really cares about how a nucleus acts. It's the electrons that make chemistry, except for nuclear chem, of course, which I am a big fan of.

-Your's truly, 2006;
  written to describe the HS chem student apart from the average being

Offline Albert

• Lonely Wanderer
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +112/-22
  • Half Decent Pharmaceutical Chemist
Re: AP test
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 03:35:38 PM »
Trying to intimidate your opponents?  :D

Offline rctrackstar2007

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 03:48:48 PM »
No, i'm trying to see where everyone else is standing. I don't believe to be intimidating many people when I expect to only get a low to mid 4. I am just curious as to where people are standing and what measures they are taking to prepare for the test.

The world is like an atom. The not-quite-as-intelligent people are the nucleus all packed together sharing a common...everything. We, we are the electrons. Granted we're not as smart as these engineers and what-not so we're most likely in the first orbital, but we're the electrons of this giant atom. We all have differing intelligences and ideas and we are separated from the nucleus which makes us better because no one really cares about how a nucleus acts. It's the electrons that make chemistry, except for nuclear chem, of course, which I am a big fan of.

-Your's truly, 2006;

Offline Lt.Pliskin

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
  • I'm a mole!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 10:39:27 PM »
Im one of the lucky few at my school who are about to take the AP exam. I feel pretty confident after taking two practice exams (previously released APs from '87 and 96') one of which was my final. I recieved 5's on both of them , but im still going to lightly study equilibrium (especially solubility) in order to get better at answering question #1. Nuclear chemistry, and atomic structure/quantum numbers etc. are also on my hit list. I am really good with reaction prediction so I am hoping that will maybe help me get a nice, solid 4 or a low 5 on the actual test.

Offline rctrackstar2007

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 10:58:36 PM »
ya i'm getting better at reaction prediction but not quite there yet. i get about half the points possible or so. i get caught up on spectator ions. i also need to get down knowing the structures too because i almost always choose the wrong ones.

-Your's truly, 2006;

Offline Lt.Pliskin

• I'm a mole!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 12:36:34 PM »
I recommend you check out this document. It really helped me out with the reaction prediction.  http://www.shs.nebo.edu/Faculty/Haderlie/apchem/Q4.pdf

Also, try to memorize the solubility rules.

Im really having a tough time with drawing lewis structures. Even seemingly simple ones such as O3 and CO3-. Thats another thing im going to have to really look over before the test.

Offline rcflyingboy

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 01:20:58 PM »
Im taking it and quite frank i think that you (rctrack star) sound a little over confident. Ive put in many saturdays and sundays with a few friends for study work and prep and we all still feel nervous. Id also like to say that the most of the past exams are not what this ap test will be like. It has become much harder from the opinions and things ive heard from people who have taken it from past years(who have also taken past exams prior to the ap test).  Id also suggest you brush up on electro chemistry due to it being a manditory on the free response.  Best of luck to you all though

Offline mrdeadman

• Mole Snacks: +23/-39
  • I got a 5. Hooray!
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 02:31:34 PM »

Do you feel prepared?
ME! i will be working toward a 5 so will see how it goes. bwhahahsahhAHHAhahAHHAha. hey check out my sig! do you want to be a part of the ap chem squad?
AP Chemistry Squad Member [001]

Offline rctrackstar2007

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 08:13:18 PM »
haha sure. what exactly is your chem squad?

-Your's truly, 2006;

Offline mrdeadman

• I got a 5. Hooray!
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 11:23:19 AM »
well i just made it up, you can be Ap chemistry squad member [002].  :o

Offline XxslbabesxX

• Mole Snacks: +2/-3
  • Junior Student
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006, 01:34:37 PM »
I am so nervous about it! Chem is my absolute worst subject (well that and math, I'm really more of a liberal arts type of person). For the next couple of days I'm planning on just reviewing 24/7. I hope it'll help. I am awful at the predicting products part too. I feel like that part is just pure memorization.

Offline buckminsterfullerene

• Mole Snacks: +8/-6
  • 3.14159265358 9793238462643 3832795028841 97169399
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 01:16:22 AM »
Im taking it and quite frank i think that you (rctrack star) sound a little over confident. Ive put in many saturdays and sundays with a few friends for study work and prep and we all still feel nervous. Id also like to say that the most of the past exams are not what this ap test will be like. It has become much harder from the opinions and things ive heard from people who have taken it from past years(who have also taken past exams prior to the ap test).  Id also suggest you brush up on electro chemistry due to it being a manditory on the free response.  Best of luck to you all though

yeah i have heard the same.... i did not know that electrochemistry is a mandatory in the next AP....
In my school, thanks to the Hurricane season and 2 and a half weeks lost of school we are so delayed we will be having the test for the electrochemistry chapter after the exams, we have not even finished reviewing the chapter and we only have one more class together.  the past few days have been brutal, i have been studying for endless hours, but the subject matter is starting to get boring, and other stuff is getting more amusing then chemistry which is not good because i usually find my self playing a game.

So does any one know a good site that will kind of give an over view of everything in chemistry we have learned so far?  Or actually what have you guys been doing as far as any techniques for studying for this exam?

i have been going to [a href="http://www.sparknotes.com/chemistry/"]Sparknotes[/a] and viewing what they have on chemistry.

I also used to look for college lectures dealing on chemistry and used to find some interesting ones that did not explain everything, and some really boring ones from places like MIT that explained everything but where so high leveled that you just got lost.

either way hope for the best of luck for those of you taking the AP's this wednesday..
currently a student attending high school in South Florida, capital of all the hurricanes that come through the US, and the sunshine state.  My interests falls into electrochemistry going to renewable resources of energy, i like hydrogen fuel cells and solar energy

Offline mrdeadman

• I got a 5. Hooray!
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 05:51:35 PM »
there are a few good websites, chemmybear is one of them, they have flashcards and stuff.

Offline syko sykes

• Mole Snacks: +12/-10
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 09:31:11 PM »

Do you feel prepared?
ME! i will be working toward a 5 so will see how it goes. bwhahahsahhAHHAhahAHHAha. hey check out my sig! do you want to be a part of the ap chem squad?
me too! I'm working toward a 5 as well but I'm expecting a 4.
mrdeadman: i would suggest making the "do you want to be a part of the ap chem squad" into a hyperlink so that it is easy to join and I'll be chem squad member [003] or whatever
AP Chemistry Squad Member [V]

Offline mrdeadman

• I got a 5. Hooray!
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 09:53:45 PM »
yeah, just put it into your sig.

Sponsored Links