March 29, 2024, 10:44:57 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: AP test  (Read 223378 times)

Offline rctrackstar2007

• Mole Snacks: +18/-40
  • I need scoobie snacks and a 5 on the test!
Re: AP test
« Reply #165 on: May 10, 2006, 04:42:05 PM »
2 hours untill the TEST ;D haha. where are you guys? :P

squad member 002 was sleeping and then showering and driving duh
AP Chemistry Squad Member [002]

The world is like an atom. The not-quite-as-intelligent people are the nucleus all packed together sharing a common...everything. We, we are the electrons. Granted we're not as smart as these engineers and what-not so we're most likely in the first orbital, but we're the electrons of this giant atom. We all have differing intelligences and ideas and we are separated from the nucleus which makes us better because no one really cares about how a nucleus acts. It's the electrons that make chemistry, except for nuclear chem, of course, which I am a big fan of.

-Your's truly, 2006;
  written to describe the HS chem student apart from the average being

Offline rctrackstar2007

« Reply #166 on: May 10, 2006, 04:44:06 PM »
chromium- green(ish)
chromate-yellow
dichromate- orange

Chromium is a metal and it certainly isnt't green! (it is chrome colored surprisingly! ;))
Cr2+(aq) is turquoise
Cr3+(aq) is blue-violet (to me it looks green (maybe when excess orange dichromate (as oxidising agent) is used it makes the 'bluey' Cr3+ look greenish), but I'm just quoting my book!)
Cr2O3 is green
CrO3 is yellow
K2CrO4 is yellow (CrO42-(aq) is yellow!)
K2Cr2O7 is orange (Cr2O72-(aq) is orange)

Anyway, how did the test go?

well chromium is obviously green bc we have provided a picture of it below in our 100+ posts lol

the test was cake for me but we'll find out in a couple months if it really was or i just didn't know what i was doing lol

yes tyler, i used cake just like you

how was the test for you?

The world is like an atom. The not-quite-as-intelligent people are the nucleus all packed together sharing a common...everything. We, we are the electrons. Granted we're not as smart as these engineers and what-not so we're most likely in the first orbital, but we're the electrons of this giant atom. We all have differing intelligences and ideas and we are separated from the nucleus which makes us better because no one really cares about how a nucleus acts. It's the electrons that make chemistry, except for nuclear chem, of course, which I am a big fan of.

-Your's truly, 2006;

Offline rctrackstar2007

« Reply #167 on: May 10, 2006, 04:49:10 PM »
deadman! where did your scoobies go? you got robbed

((i think borek took em cuz we're trying to beat him lol))

either way we'll get it back to normal

-Your's truly, 2006;

Offline Will

• Organic Dude
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +58/-2
« Reply #168 on: May 10, 2006, 05:11:46 PM »
chromium- green(ish)
chromate-yellow
dichromate- orange

Chromium is a metal and it certainly isnt't green! (it is chrome colored surprisingly! ;))
Cr2+(aq) is turquoise
Cr3+(aq) is blue-violet (to me it looks green (maybe when excess orange dichromate (as oxidising agent) is used it makes the 'bluey' Cr3+ look greenish), but I'm just quoting my book!)
Cr2O3 is green
CrO3 is yellow
K2CrO4 is yellow (CrO42-(aq) is yellow!)
K2Cr2O7 is orange (Cr2O72-(aq) is orange)

Anyway, how did the test go?

well chromium is obviously green bc we have provided a picture of it below in our 100+ posts lol

the test was cake for me but we'll find out in a couple months if it really was or i just didn't know what i was doing lol

yes tyler, i used cake just like you

how was the test for you?

That green solution was not chromium, chromium looks like this:

and it has a melting point of 1857oC
That green solution is most probably Cr(OH)4- (which is a soluble Chromium(III) hydroxide, as excess hydroxide may have been added- like how cobalt (and Zn) hydroxide go soluble with conc. hydroxide (because they become negatively charged)). But I don't know for sure (I do know its NOT chromium!), and if anyone could confirm/correct this that'd be great. ;D

Offline tennis freak

• Mole Snacks: +10/-9
« Reply #169 on: May 10, 2006, 05:12:29 PM »
trev how was lunch? oh and i did get the Red Hot Chilipeppers cd and ya it kicks major butt
AP Chemistry Squad Member [004]

Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the titanic!

Offline mrdeadman

• Mole Snacks: +23/-39
  • I got a 5. Hooray!
« Reply #170 on: May 10, 2006, 06:33:53 PM »
yeah man, it is teh ghey! what kind of retarded bs is this?! they took yours too? gah! :P  >:(
AP Chemistry Squad Member [001]

Offline rctrackstar2007

« Reply #171 on: May 10, 2006, 06:51:42 PM »
trev how was lunch? oh and i did get the Red Hot Chilipeppers cd and ya it kicks major butt

lunch was fantasmastical

better than getting the chili peppers cd

-Your's truly, 2006;

Offline rctrackstar2007

« Reply #172 on: May 10, 2006, 06:52:31 PM »
yeah man, it is teh ghey! what kind of retarded bs is this?! they took yours too? gah! :P  >:(

bastards! they did! they need reasons to do that i think

-Your's truly, 2006;

Offline rctrackstar2007

« Reply #173 on: May 10, 2006, 06:53:50 PM »
ha tyler i told you chromium would be chrome colored, note below

what the hell did you find that was green??

-Your's truly, 2006;

Offline mrdeadman

• I got a 5. Hooray!
« Reply #174 on: May 10, 2006, 08:40:20 PM »
ha tyler i told you chromium would be chrome colored, note below

what the hell did you find that was green??
chromium in solution is green. yeah, they should have to give reasons for taking the snacks.

Offline mrdeadman

• I got a 5. Hooray!
« Reply #175 on: May 10, 2006, 08:42:27 PM »
hey, did anyone else join yet?

Offline rctrackstar2007

« Reply #176 on: May 10, 2006, 08:42:45 PM »
oh i'm sooo done with the Cr thing lol i didn't even like it in the first place

-Your's truly, 2006;

Offline rctrackstar2007

« Reply #177 on: May 10, 2006, 08:43:30 PM »
hey, did anyone else join yet?

not to my knowledge...

i'm gonna go steal some e-mails from the nicenet if it still exists and let em know about it

-Your's truly, 2006;

Offline mrdeadman

• I got a 5. Hooray!
« Reply #178 on: May 10, 2006, 08:45:10 PM »
yeah, nicenet is still up, but i never go to it anymore, this is so much cooler. let's just get sykes to call them

Offline rctrackstar2007

« Reply #179 on: May 10, 2006, 08:46:14 PM »
haha good idea put it on him

i have now reached 3 stars! yes! lol

-Your's truly, 2006;

Sponsored Links