March 29, 2024, 03:36:52 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: AP test  (Read 223362 times)

Offline syko sykes

• Mole Snacks: +12/-10
Re: AP test
« Reply #210 on: May 10, 2006, 10:18:55 PM »
friday but i wanna get it done. it's on the website. if anyone does it tell me what you got for #3
well my printer won't print so i'm not going to start it right now but just use PV=nRT to answer that. Or if you want to use her formula: V1/T1=V2/T2. Don't forget to change the temperatures to K.

I don't have my calc handy but if u really want the answer tell me and i'll work it out.
AP Chemistry Squad Member [V]

Offline rctrackstar2007

• Mole Snacks: +18/-40
  • I need scoobie snacks and a 5 on the test!
« Reply #211 on: May 10, 2006, 10:21:18 PM »
STP is 298 or 273 K?
AP Chemistry Squad Member [002]

The world is like an atom. The not-quite-as-intelligent people are the nucleus all packed together sharing a common...everything. We, we are the electrons. Granted we're not as smart as these engineers and what-not so we're most likely in the first orbital, but we're the electrons of this giant atom. We all have differing intelligences and ideas and we are separated from the nucleus which makes us better because no one really cares about how a nucleus acts. It's the electrons that make chemistry, except for nuclear chem, of course, which I am a big fan of.

-Your's truly, 2006;
  written to describe the HS chem student apart from the average being

Offline rctrackstar2007

« Reply #212 on: May 10, 2006, 10:22:15 PM »
friday but i wanna get it done. it's on the website. if anyone does it tell me what you got for #3
well my printer won't print so i'm not going to start it right now but just use PV=nRT to answer that. Or if you want to use her formula: V1/T1=V2/T2. Don't forget to change the temperatures to K.

I don't have my calc handy but if u really want the answer tell me and i'll work it out.

actually these are WAY too easy. just use her formulas and there is no changing

The world is like an atom. The not-quite-as-intelligent people are the nucleus all packed together sharing a common...everything. We, we are the electrons. Granted we're not as smart as these engineers and what-not so we're most likely in the first orbital, but we're the electrons of this giant atom. We all have differing intelligences and ideas and we are separated from the nucleus which makes us better because no one really cares about how a nucleus acts. It's the electrons that make chemistry, except for nuclear chem, of course, which I am a big fan of.

-Your's truly, 2006;

Offline syko sykes

« Reply #213 on: May 10, 2006, 10:25:33 PM »
STP is 298 or 273 K?
STP is standard temperature and pressure... you're thinking of the conversion factor. Just add 273 to the celcius value to get Kelvin. Or 273.15 to be exact.

If I learned anything in Chemistry I'm pretty sure you do need to convert to Kelvin. Of course, she might not know that.

Offline rctrackstar2007

« Reply #214 on: May 10, 2006, 10:26:29 PM »
a simple 273 would have been sufficient for this problem lol

-Your's truly, 2006;

Offline rctrackstar2007

« Reply #215 on: May 10, 2006, 10:28:12 PM »
ok well that was easy, i'm done with that ws

-Your's truly, 2006;

Offline syko sykes

« Reply #216 on: May 10, 2006, 10:32:40 PM »
we need more people... matt said he can't get on tonite, have you called malcolm?

Offline rctrackstar2007

« Reply #217 on: May 10, 2006, 10:33:55 PM »
i have no numbers lol the only numbers i have are ryan and tyler

-Your's truly, 2006;

Offline syko sykes

« Reply #218 on: May 10, 2006, 10:39:11 PM »
i have no numbers lol the only numbers i have are ryan and tyler
i'll fix that with a pm... you'll have all the numbers i do in a minute

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #219 on: May 11, 2006, 02:09:50 AM »
I don't know how you guys got over 200posts in this tread in like 48 hours but wow.
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #220 on: May 11, 2006, 04:46:56 AM »
Total time logged in: 7 hours and 15 minutes.  :-\ that's pretty sad, because everytime i leave the site it logs me out.

It doesn't work this way - it assumes you are logged continuously if you fetch next page in less then about 15-20 minutes after previous one. So I have chemicalforums open at least 16 hours a day but the system doesn't count all that time, as I am often off to other tasks for an hour or so.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Will

• Organic Dude
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +58/-2
« Reply #221 on: May 11, 2006, 11:00:42 AM »
Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_conditions_for_temperature_and_pressure for the list of different temperatures as defined by different chemistry/physics etc. institutions. It is mostly either 273.15K or 293.15K, but at A-Level 293.15K is used, and I think thats the temperature that is most frequently quoted.

I think that question is best asked in a chemistry forum. ;) (ie not the general discussion forum)!

I don't know how you guys got over 200 posts in this tread in like 48 hours but wow.
Some people may not have yet discovered the wonders of www.messenger.msn.com/ or http://messenger.yahoo.com/ (or other IM programs)! ;D

Offline rctrackstar2007

« Reply #222 on: May 11, 2006, 07:02:53 PM »
Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_conditions_for_temperature_and_pressure for the list of different temperatures as defined by different chemistry/physics etc. institutions. It is mostly either 273.15K or 293.15K, but at A-Level 293.15K is used, and I think thats the temperature that is most frequently quoted.

I think that question is best asked in a chemistry forum. ;) (ie not the general discussion forum)!

I don't know how you guys got over 200 posts in this tread in like 48 hours but wow.
Some people may not have yet discovered the wonders of www.messenger.msn.com/ or http://messenger.yahoo.com/ (or other IM programs)! ;D

first, i was just asking a quick question on hw

second, we all know about all of those but this one is better, we like it more and there's no problem with that
it was mostly about study for the test anyways

-Your's truly, 2006;

Offline rctrackstar2007

« Reply #223 on: May 11, 2006, 07:03:22 PM »
I don't know how you guys got over 200posts in this tread in like 48 hours but wow.

studying lol we were getting ready for the test in the morning

-Your's truly, 2006;

Offline Will

• Organic Dude
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +58/-2
« Reply #224 on: May 11, 2006, 07:10:23 PM »
first, i was just asking a quick question on hw

second, we all know about all of those but this one is better, we like it more and there's no problem with that
it was mostly about study for the test anyways

lol you don't have to come up with excuses- using the general discussion board is probably fine for asking other people for phone numbers and general chit-chat etc., I was just suggesting easier methods of asking those kind of questions.

Sorry if I sounded rude :)!

Sponsored Links