March 29, 2024, 01:22:51 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Transition metal doubts(AS and A2)  (Read 1297 times)

Offline therecovery

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Transition metal doubts(AS and A2)
« on: March 07, 2016, 06:43:55 AM »
1)Why is geometrical isomerism important for square planar complexes?

2) Are both cis and trans structures of transition metal toxic? Why can't we heat cis to convert it to trans?

3) Why is Cr2+ unstable?

4) When electrons are being removed from a transition metal, do we remove from 4s or 3d and why?

5)why is the coordination number 6 for most complex ions?

6) why does a transition metal absorb light of a particular region of the light spectrum?

7) what are the other sources of complexes apart from transition metals?

8) why are the complexes formed by polydentate ligands more stable than those formed by monodentate ligands?

9) what is the correlation between coordination no. and stability of the ligand?

thanks in advance fam

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Transition metal doubts(AS and A2)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 07:19:00 AM »
I'd like to welcome you to the Chemical Forums, but I'm going to ask you to read the Forum Rules{click}.  You agreed to follow them when you signed up, and you have immediately violated several.

We want to see some work on your part, and we want to give you hints.  Many of your questions are multipart essays and definitions.  There's no way for us to give you a hint for a definition, either you read it in a book, or we write the whole thing for you.  I'm going to ask you to try posting again.  Type just one or two questions, maybe they build on each other, and with some help, you can advance your knowledge on your own.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links