April 27, 2024, 11:00:22 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Rubber!!!!!!  (Read 6263 times)

Offline pinkturtle

• Mole Snacks: +1/-12
  • I'm a student
Rubber!!!!!!
« on: May 05, 2006, 02:01:35 PM »
loadot to write a whole loada stuff on rubber and I'm really struggling so if any2 can gIve me some good web sites or info i wud reli appreciate it

i have to talk about the chemistry of the reactions involved in natural and synthetic rubber formation and compare them , so far Ive wrote about vulcanization using sulphur and collecting latex but I'm not sure about what chemistry and reactions to write about  ???

i also have to put stuff on how the structure of natural and vulcanized rubber if related to the properties, i have got about natural rubber having few cross linked chains and it being a thermo plastic and how if rubber wasn't vulcanized it would just crumble up
has ne1 got ne more ideas ?
thnx

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-45
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

Offline pinkturtle

• Mole Snacks: +1/-12
  • I'm a student
Re: Rubber!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 04:29:53 PM »
 >:(Iam not impressed with your accusation of me being a "online fool" , i have checked out wikipedia but i havent found any relevent info and i have spent a week searching for relevent sites but havent suceeded.
Im dissapointed as the majority of people on here have great links and share their knowledge with those like me who havent been studying chemistry for as long and find it a tricky subject.
Just a bit of advise for u , if u are just going to reply with links to sites which are darn right offensive to people who are just trying to widen their knowledge and try to understand subjects they dont fully understand, u shudnt be on here as i was under the impression this is a online community where people help each other out not take the micky!

Vespertine

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 10:20:35 AM »
He didn't accuse you of being an "online fool", it's just apparent that you didn't read the forum rules. It's under the Sticky at the top of the forum appropriately labeled: "FORUM RULES: READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!" In particular, number five says:

5.) If you are new to chatting on the internet you should become familiar with Netetiquette. Even if you are an old hand at this internet thing you should review Netiquette 101. Netiquette 101 can be found here: http://www.onlinenetiquette.com/courtesy1.html
some examples of bad netiquette are using CAPS for anything, not spell checking your posts before posting and the use of "U" and "r" for "You" and "are". Violators will have their topic deleted or locked, and subject to banning.

Furthermore, in the first sentence of your topic post, you asked for some good web sites or info. In an attempt to help you, he gave you just what you asked for, so I don't understand how you could say that he replied with "links to sites which are darn right offensive", unless of course you somehow find rubber, or the use of proper Netetiquette, as being offensive. Also, in your reply you said that you had checked out Wikipedia and had spent a week searching relevent sites. Please, none of us are mind readers, so state that you have done such research beforehand in the first post of your topic. Doing this also shows that you have put some effort into solving your problem by yourself, and that you aren't just trying to get others to do your homework for you.

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 06:41:13 AM »
Sigh.. We are all trying to be helpful here..

loadot to write a whole loada stuff on rubber and I'm really struggling so if any2 can gIve me some good web sites or info i wud reli appreciate it

1. Use proper english to facilitate communication.
2. Adhere to the forum rules.CLICK HERE for forum rules.
3. Although we love to help, nobody owes you an answer. Be polite!
4. Your posts qualifies for RED violation, so be warned.
5. Your question is vague, so it qualifies for the YELLOW violation too. Please be more specific, eg. what about the vulcanisation reaction that confuses you?
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Offline wereworm73

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +21/-4
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 05:59:46 PM »
How about lanthanide-based diene polymerization for making synthetic rubber? 

Sponsored Links