April 28, 2024, 11:29:55 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Create smell with hot manifold  (Read 1882 times)

Offline Vrouwtjeskip3

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Create smell with hot manifold
« on: March 15, 2016, 04:39:59 AM »
Dear,

Let me first introduce myself, I’m Henri and I’m form the Netherlands. This July I and 8 other friend are gone “race” on a motor cross/music festival in the Netherlands. It’s not a real race, it’s more a show with the craziest driving vehicles!

This year we are gone build a huge driving toilet! We using the same vehicle as last year, but with a way different design. Last year we had sort of a “solar car” we had solar panels at our vehicle. But it was “useless” because were blowing steam over our solar panels. We did this by drilling holes in the manifold (see attachment), connect this with hoses and pumped water in the very hot manifold. The water evaporated directly and we brought the exhaust to the front of the car.

Like I said before, we gone drive this year with a huge toilet. We would like to create instead of steam this year a horrible smell! We would like to use the manifold again because it’s really powerful and it can blow the smell in the crowd!  My question is if we can inject another liquid in the manifold that is not harmful for us or the crowd that’s watching us but creates a huge smell.

Offline Hunter2

• Mole Snacks: +168/-48
  • Vena Lausa moris pax drux bis totis
Re: Create smell with hot manifold
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 05:02:16 AM »
I would use a mixture of garlic, very old fish and expired eggs and some old butter. Additional you can use the durian fruit, available in Asian supermarkets.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Create smell with hot manifold
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 05:01:52 PM »
Beware - check if you don't risk legal problems.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links