April 23, 2024, 02:42:42 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Biochemical mutations  (Read 5485 times)

Offline azmuth97

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-1
Biochemical mutations
« on: March 15, 2016, 03:52:38 PM »
I need some help with a project i have been working on open minded people.

Offline Babcock_Hall

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +321/-22
Re: Biochemical mutations
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 04:40:02 PM »
Would you please be a bit more specific?  I don't know what you mean.

Offline azmuth97

• Very New Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 04:51:08 PM »
Ok so for the past 5 years i have worked on a formula; that can cause flash evolutionary mutations in the dormant DNA within humans. I cant get over the stump not having it work on a more amplified level. It gives the subject a special attribute keen to the subjects specific Genetic makeup and the subjects personality . i need to make it more efficient giving the subjects more control over the new found attributes and making them more potent.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 07:18:08 PM »
Ok so for the past 5 years i have worked on a formula; that can cause flash evolutionary mutations in the dormant DNA within humans.

Can you point to a peer-reviewed source for this topic?

I cant get over the stump not having it work on a more amplified level.

Colorful metaphors, but does this statement have any quantifiable meaning? What was the level, what is the level and what level do you want?  Or is this statement meaningless hyperbole?

It gives the subject a special attribute keen to the subjects specific Genetic makeup and the subjects personality .

Linking human genetics to personality would be a impressive feat on its own, if actually possible.

i need to make it more efficient giving the subjects more control over the new found attributes and making them more potent.

Practically meaningless.  You have to define these "attributes", human control over them and the need for potency. Sorry, but this sound like Marvel Comic's definition of mutations, not contemporary scientific definitions of mutations.  You're going to have to address this disconnect first, we don't allow pseudoscience on this forum.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 09:34:49 PM »
We have forum rules about not promoting crackpottery
This is a forum policy.
Click on the link near the top center of the forum page.
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting.
http://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?topic=65859.0

Not implying anything
Just want to make sure everyone is on the same page as to the rules

Offline azmuth97

• Very New Member
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 07:17:38 PM »
Each individual developed a specific ability different from each other. Each persons ability was developed 1-4 days after administration. None of my first reply was metaphorical i just didnt want to make it seem like a comic scenario. The extent of each persons control varied some had more control than others and and some could consciously use the at will, But the extent of either force or effectiveness wasn't that impressive. I know it may seem impossible or a work of fiction but in all seriousness i am telling the truth no matter how absurd it may seem

Offline azmuth97

• Very New Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 07:23:37 PM »
What im trying to achieve is making a revised formula that can give these abilities and more developed control over them. Having these abilities amplified.

Offline Burner

• Mole Snacks: +15/-2
  • Chem-is-try
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 09:06:20 PM »
So...you want to make some chemicals that cause controlled mutation on human DNA to give them specific ability/character/personality etc. ???
Year 1 science student in HKUST and a Chemistry geek.
If I make any mistakes in the forum, please don't hesitate to correct me as I want to learn.

Offline azmuth97

• Very New Member
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 05:43:04 PM »
No i have already made a chemical compound that does that very thing. Im looking to make it better to give the user more developed control over the ability amplifying them and perfecting the formula.

Offline Burner

• Mole Snacks: +15/-2
  • Chem-is-try
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 09:35:00 PM »
No i have already made a chemical compound that does that very thing. Im looking to make it better to give the user more developed control over the ability amplifying them and perfecting the formula.

1. It is psychology/cognitive science more than chemistry.
2. If what you said is true, I would advise you to stop this. You will probably get some Frankinsteins or uncontrolled 'mutants' or whatever before you succeed. And if you succeed, this technology maybe used by some governments to control people's mind/develop new killing 'machines'/...
Year 1 science student in HKUST and a Chemistry geek.
If I make any mistakes in the forum, please don't hesitate to correct me as I want to learn.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2016, 03:57:51 AM »
And you do have all necessary permits required by law to do such experiments?
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline azmuth97

• Very New Member
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2016, 08:19:32 PM »
Currently i do have and can preform these experiments.And im only seeking the perfect version of my experiments.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2016, 06:24:32 AM »
Currently i do have and can preform these experiments.And im only seeking the perfect version of my experiments.

OK, we're glad to help.  What, specifically, are your experiments?  What have you done, and what are you trying to do?

Offline azmuth97

• Very New Member
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2016, 09:35:57 AM »
What i have done is crated a chemical compound that gives an individual an ability. The compound only activates the abilities on a small scale. Im seeking anyone that would know anything what im missing or what i can do to improve the effectiveness.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2016, 05:28:34 PM »
What i have done is crated a chemical compound that gives an individual an ability.

What ability?  What is the compound?  How do you administer it, since no doctor would ever administer a compound without more explanation than you've given us so far.

The compound only activates the abilities on a small scale.

What.  Abilities.  What scale do you have, and what scale do you need?

Im seeking anyone that would know anything what im missing or what i can do to improve the effectiveness.

Speaking in complete thoughts would be a good starting point.

I think you're writing science fiction, and you're having some fun pretending you're some sort of mad scientist for real, instead of in a story.  We've seen this before, in this forum and others, but its never been as tedious as this time.

This thread is locked.  You've provided us a with a wonderful object lesson of what not to do here on the Chemical Forums:  repeatedly saying nothing will just get your thread locked.  I gave you a chance to write a complete story, and you didn't try.  Do so and you can post again in another thread.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 12:59:45 PM by Arkcon »

Sponsored Links