April 18, 2024, 07:04:02 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: I've Got A New Job!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 16509 times)

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
I've Got A New Job!!!!!!!!!!
« on: May 08, 2006, 05:08:31 PM »
I am so freaking ecstatic right now!  I currently work as a Clinical Data Associate at Kendle International.  What that means is that I work with clinical data generated during drug trials for Kendle, a contracted research organization.  (It means that big drug companies pay our company to do the data management work on the clinical trials they run).  A while back I had applied for a CDM position at my company because I was well qualified for the job.  My company was very reluctant to promote me like that because they felt I was "too inexperienced".  (A fancy phrase meaning "You're young and haven't worked here for five years and that's all we care about).  I interviewed for the position back in March and still haven't heard anything.

About a month ago I decided to apply for a Clinical Data Coordinator (CDC) position at Pfizer in New London, CT.  The CDC is the person in charge of running clinical trials.  They are the liason between the companies working on the data management and the various teams at Pfizer who work together to get these trials run efficiently and effectively.  When a drug is tested successfully and works, the CDC is the person who is tied to that drug.  (And will probably recieve a VERY hefty bonus).  I applied for the position and was called in for an interview two weeks ago this Friday.  The interview went GREAT and they went over the position and the company.  The CDC position has five levels with 1 being the highest and 5 the lowest.  They also have a bunch of different therapeutic groups and one of my good friends works in one of those groups.  (I actually interviewed with her boss).

Today at work, I received a phone call from one of the people I spoke with at Pfizer.  They officially have offered me the position of Senior Level 2 Clinical Data Coordinator at a salary that is close to $10,000 more than I had requested.  I am absolutely ecstatic.  I'm working in the same group as my good friend, and the benefits package there is phenomenal.  I have never been this happy in my entire life.  I cannot wait to start.  :D
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Offline Albert

• Lonely Wanderer
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +112/-22
  • Half Decent Pharmaceutical Chemist
Re: I've Got A New Job!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 05:19:25 PM »
I'm so glad to hear it! :D

Moreover, I'm pleased to realize I'm not the only one, here, having to do with pharmaceutical industry.  :)

Congratulations!

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1800/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 05:35:34 PM »
Clinical Data Coordinator (CDC) position at Pfizer in New London, CT.

Pfizer... They tested Trovan in Nigeria?

;)

Congrats!
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline mike

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 08:02:17 PM »
Congratulations mate!
There is no science without fancy, and no art without facts.

Offline lemonoman

• Atmospheric
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +71/-8
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 10:51:33 PM »
are you allowed to tell us this ? ;)

Congrats!

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 11:20:05 PM »
Clinical Data Coordinator (CDC) position at Pfizer in New London, CT.

Pfizer... They tested Trovan in Nigeria?

;)

Congrats!
Hehe.  Yeah, that's a study I've never worked on and won't be responsible for.  I'll be working with a lot of cardiovascular drugs.

BTW, yes, I am able to tell you this as this is information commonly available to people who do their research.  I'm not allowed to get into the specifics about what drugs I'm working on and what their progress is until a formal announcement is made by the company.
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Offline Equi

• chef de cuisine
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +20/-11
  • Und nach mir die Sintflut
    • miketionary
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 06:01:46 AM »
I think it's time to record a chair-dance Jdurg ;D

Congrats!
I'm not suffering from a mental disease - I'm enjoying it.
miketionary

Offline xiankai

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +77/-37
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 06:43:30 AM »
wow thats a turning point in your life

sweet :)
one learns best by teaching

Offline Tiger

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +15/-5
  • When I'm with you Eternity is a step away
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 06:52:28 AM »
Wow!!! Congrats!!! :) :) :)

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-45
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 04:04:16 PM »
Congratulation jdurg.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 10:09:15 PM »
Thank you.  It's been my main reason for my absence here at the forums lately.  I've been busy at my current job preparing for my departure, then I've been busy outside of work with Golf Season now here and a bunch of other stuff.  I'm going to be pretty tied up for these next few weeks.  Hopefully Pfizer hasn't blocked this forum.  ;)  ;D

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1800/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 03:02:06 AM »
Hopefully Pfizer hasn't blocked this forum.  ;)  ;D

Ask them if the don't need calculators, I have discounts for site licences ;)
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 07:53:38 AM »

dy/dx = 0 :P

Congratulations!!!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 07:56:43 AM by geodome »
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 03:02:50 PM »
Today I had the fortune of being able to go pee and have it mean something.   ;)  I got the official offer package by Fed-Ex in the morning and went in for the urine sample today.  Pretty standard stuff.  Urine screenings for narcotics, depressants, stimulants and hallucinogens.  For the past week or so I've avoided chocolates, caffeine, excessive alcohol, poppy seeds, ephedra, and anything else that might raise a false positive.  I know that the test results will all be negative, but I don't want to have anything in there which might prolong the process.  I want to start this new job as soon as possible.

I've begun to let more people here at my current job know that I'm leaving, and it's mixed emotions that I'm now dealing with.  It's kind of sad seeing how upset and shocked people are getting that I'm leaving, but at the same time it's really gratifying to see that I'm needed this much at my current job.  In addition, when I went on-site to give my urine sample it was kind of strange walking by some of the labs and seeing chemistry in action.  The sights of the pipettes, erlenmyers, chromatographs, etc. and the smells of the organic solvents kind of made me wish that I had found a career in chemistry.  However, I also realize that if I got a career in chemistry I may never have met all the people I know now and that would be a tragedy in it of itself.  In addition, a few of my friends are PHD Chemists and they were amazed that my BS in Forensic Chemistry has gotten me a higher yearly salary than their PHD in chemistry has gotten them.   ;D  I'm honest when I say that I'm still feeling a bit numb about thing right now.   ;D

Offline Will

• Organic Dude
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +58/-2
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 03:22:01 PM »

dy/dx = 0 :P

Congratulations!!!

And  d2y/dx2 > 0 !

Congratulations jdurg!

Sponsored Links