April 18, 2024, 11:46:40 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: I've Got A New Job!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 16508 times)

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-45
Re: I've Got A New Job!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 03:43:35 PM »
How old are you jdurg?

Well you'll have money now to buy those guns.  :)
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 09:20:40 AM »
How old are you jdurg?

Well you'll have money now to buy those guns.  :)
I don't turn 26 until August.   ;D
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-45
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2006, 03:30:32 PM »
So your 25 and it seams like you have a really god job. That's awesome.

Is it going to be easy or hard for you to go up (promotions) from where you are now.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2006, 04:22:09 PM »
So your 25 and it seams like you have a really god job. That's awesome.

Is it going to be easy or hard for you to go up (promotions) from where you are now.
In terms of upward movement, there is one level of CDC higher than me, and after that there are just the heads of the divisions so I'm pretty high up right now.  What will be really good for me will be the performance bonuses, the benefits, the merit increases and the cost of living increases that I'll see.  All this waiting is really getting to me, however.   :P  I still need to wait for the test results to come back (and they'll come back negative) and also wait for my employment history to be verified.  After that, I have to wait two weeks before I can even start.  So it's looking like I won't be able to start until that first week in June.  I feel like a kid who found all his Christmas presents three weeks before Christmas and has to wait all that time before he can open them up.   ;D
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Offline hmx9123

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +59/-18
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2006, 04:22:02 PM »
Congrats.  Best of luck with the new job.

Sponsored Links