April 28, 2024, 11:48:10 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 619571 times)

Offline mandystar

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #255 on: February 07, 2010, 12:23:35 AM »
Hi, my name's Mandy and I'm not very good at chem, lol. I hope this year that changes and chem turns into a fave subject ;)

Offline cliverlong

• Mole Snacks: +60/-14
« Reply #256 on: February 09, 2010, 05:39:33 AM »
I'm a tutor for A-Level chemistry and mathematics based in North London UK.

I didn't really enjoy chemistry at school - I was too lazy to put in the effort to learn the detail.

Having to teach it, I am only now beginning to understand thermodynamics, redox equilibria, organic mechanism, transition metal complexes and oxidation states - ooh, the list goes on and on.

Reading and trying to understand the questions posed by people in this forum helps me develop ways of explaining concepts.

With the incredible range of information available on forums like this, freely published videos and online books accessible through the internet, locatable in under a second through your favourite search engine, before one even has to read a book, I never cease to be amazed and appalled at how little effort people make in trying to find out some information before they pose a question.

My current favourite web site is LMGTFY - to which I was introduced by Borek of this forum.

Clive

ray1reyes

« Reply #257 on: February 22, 2010, 05:19:58 AM »
Hello,
I am Ray, 4th year in Edinburgh uni... I think this is the very best from chemistry forums. Feel free to ask, like i will if something :D

Offline d_link

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
« Reply #258 on: February 23, 2010, 02:46:08 AM »
Hi! I'm Leon a molecular biology grad student from Croatia who is in desperate need of some chemical assistance >:( because some people at the university aren't doing their job as they're supposed to. So I hope you'll help me fill in some holes and understand things better =/

Offline Chaosnitrogen

• Very New Member
« Reply #259 on: February 24, 2010, 02:18:16 AM »
Hi!
I already registered here with the same name, but due to less usage, the nick was erased i guess.
So I want to have another try, and start with an introducing of me.

I'm Felix, a 19 year old hobby chemist from germany, living in Saxony.
Last year I did my "Abitur", actually I'm doing the compulsory military service, and in a few months (september) I'll start my chemistry studies in Leipzig, Saxony.

Already, I'm registered to many german chemistry forums like illumina-chemie.de as "Chaoschemiker", also I've got a Youtube-account, maybe someone of you knows me already from there.
The most important about my >hobby< orientation should be my strict abstinence of any explosive and drug chemistry. Shouldn't mean, that I'm not interested in, but I'm convinced, that this stuff should keep far away from home experiments.
I'm looking forward, to have good discussions of chemistry with you, gaining lots of extra-knowledge :D

Offline craziicd5

• Very New Member
« Reply #260 on: February 25, 2010, 10:48:39 PM »
Hey i am 22 just been in college for about 2 years now and starting to get interested in the field of chemistry and nuclear science. Currently taking my first chemistry class right now and can't wait to take many more  ;D

Offline al3nood

• Very New Member
« Reply #261 on: March 06, 2010, 02:59:05 PM »
hello every body
I am al3nood , student in master degree
24 years old
I love chemistry and all peopole study chemistry
 ;) ;) ;)

Offline liuxuefeng

• Very New Member
« Reply #262 on: March 13, 2010, 09:39:39 PM »
Hi , iam  Liu Xuefeng , from china . working as chemicls sales mainly on export makret , hope learn something here .

Offline thealissa

« Reply #263 on: March 22, 2010, 10:13:19 PM »
I'm Alissa. I'm 18. I attend Arizona State University as a freshman. I'm majoring in Biochemistry (Medicinal Chemistry). I want to be a Pharmacist for the U.S. Veteran's Association.

Offline darkness1102

• Mole Snacks: +1/-3
« Reply #264 on: March 26, 2010, 06:29:54 AM »
Hi, my name is Cong, I live in Vietnam. So, I am a 12th great student. I am very interesting in science, chemistry is the best. I wish to study in Nayang technological of University(NTU).This forum is great, I can share, contribute anh I have friends from other countrise. I wish to be a scientist anh research about inorganic chemistry.

Offline MissPhosgene

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +23/-5
« Reply #265 on: April 21, 2010, 12:05:27 AM »
Hello,

I'm a junior undergrad chemistry major. I'm taking my first graduate class this semester.... Chem 6660 Organic Synthesis. Interests: Organic chemistry (mainly synthesis), organometallics, group theory, lab-work. No specific order.

Stereograms of the 32 crystallographic point groups: little bike wheels of cold, hard, pure rationality.

Offline DemonicAcid

• Mole Snacks: +6/-4
« Reply #266 on: April 21, 2010, 12:45:49 AM »
I'm a junior/senior undergraduate chemistry major at Arizona State University. I'm currently doing research in main group inorganic and materials science. My interests are focused around materials science and inorganic synthesis but I occasionally like to dabble in theoretical chemistry for fun. I want to get into a PhD program to study inorganic materials/condensed matter physics.

Offline putchi_punch

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
« Reply #267 on: May 26, 2010, 05:17:10 AM »
I’m from Florida (who broke the AC  :P), I'm a junior in high school, I’m taking duel enrollment in a local college and I like chemistry and computer programming the best so far. I’m awaiting my first real chemistry class next year; most of my chemistry knowledge so far is from reading/experimenting/websites/parents. I like doing experiments that involve controlled explosions or semi-violent reactions and I like to be able to do things myself (like making fireworks  ;D)
You really wanted to become a mad scientist...explosiviholics     ::) ::)

Offline robj6767

« Reply #268 on: May 28, 2010, 12:28:47 PM »
Hi there, i'm Rob :]

Offline vickium

• Mole Snacks: +2/-0
    • Personal Webpage
« Reply #269 on: May 31, 2010, 05:33:51 PM »
I'm an intelligent kid

If so you will soon realize that posting chemistry questions in "Introduce yourself" thread doesn't make sense  :P

I didn't see any questions. The kid was just sharing with us what he knows about Chemistry...

Sponsored Links