April 27, 2024, 04:53:56 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 619402 times)

Offline PHAN

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #315 on: August 16, 2011, 10:02:52 AM »
Hi.. Im PHAN 15yrs. old, female and living at Negros Occidental, Philippines. I'm currently struggling my Highschool life at Negros Occidental National Science High school and planning to take Chemical Engineering next year.
Im weak at Advance chemistry (at the same time loving it) so I'm very lucky to discover this forum. Thank you everyone!.. 

Offline Manda301

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #316 on: September 17, 2011, 12:33:01 PM »
hey guys,  I study at  university right now...and of course i chemistry is really good.   ;)

i m taking these following subjects: Inorganic, Chemical Kinetics, Computational Physical Chemistry and Spectroscopy of Organic Compunds (all 3rd and 4th year courses).  also one sad bpring biochem course.

so i hope we can share all these topics together...  :)

Offline ActivationEnergy

« Reply #317 on: October 08, 2011, 05:30:55 PM »
Hi everyone!
Im Tamara and I am a 17 year old from Scotland. Currently doing Advanced higher Chemistry (also Biology and Maths) Will be doing chemistry at university, possibly with biochemistry. I love nerdy jokes!!! :)

Offline GlasgowDude

• Very New Member
« Reply #318 on: October 11, 2011, 11:10:18 AM »
Hey Folks,

Just started my Bachelors degree in Forensic Science. Looking forward to all the Chemistry that's involved!!

Offline Honclbrif

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +58/-10
« Reply #319 on: October 18, 2011, 08:47:21 PM »
Hey everyone,

I'm a grad student studying at the interface of chemistry and biology. Basically I make molecules, raise proteins, and throw the molecules at the proteins and see what they do. My main interest is in organic chem, but I do enough biology to get by.
Individual results may vary

Offline Gulfvet91

« Reply #320 on: November 13, 2011, 01:12:30 PM »
I am a student in Dayton, OH.  I am not the typical student since I am 54 years old and I am in the ATIC program.  I am basically here to get some informtaion to help me with a term paper for my last class.

Offline silent262

« Reply #321 on: November 18, 2011, 03:27:00 PM »
Hey,
   I am a student at the City College of New York.  I am currently in an undergraduate Chemistry program.  I intend to pursue a PhD in organic chem, and will hopefully be working with one of our faculty on Synthesis research soon.  I have joined to try to keep my chem skills sharp, as I don't always have time to read books (I'm trying to tackle a couple of textbooks and an overview of Solid State Synthesis).   Hope to be of some use!

Offline LackOfFuel

• Mole Snacks: +5/-1
« Reply #322 on: November 20, 2011, 02:00:43 PM »
Hi!

I'm a highschool student from Slovenia. My main interests are chemistry and learning languages. I'm currently working on a simple research project involving titanium peroxo complexes.  :) 

Offline Bro-Mide

« Reply #323 on: December 05, 2011, 02:07:23 AM »
Hi my name is Richard. i am a geology major at the University of Calgary. I am interested in chemistry as a hobby. Currently I am working on creating a small home lab. Chemical synthesis of organic molecules is what I would like to research.

I came to this site to find experienced and knowledgeable chemists to help answer some questions I have on lab procedures. At the moment I am struggling with evaporating solvents and neutralizing acidic solutions. I would also like to find information on simple molecules that I can synthesize along with detailed information on the reaction mechanics.

If you are an expert and could help answer some of my questions or you know of some references that would help or interest me. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact me :)

Thanks and hello Chemical Forums!

Offline atlasman84

« Reply #324 on: December 23, 2011, 11:19:49 AM »
hello.. i'm from Malaysia.. age about 20's ... male... currently study business admin.. but actually my heart go thoroughly with science field.. so now study with a boring...

Offline key435

« Reply #325 on: December 28, 2011, 11:16:27 AM »
Hi all ^^.
   I'm from Vietnam. I have been studying chemistry for 5 years. It's a coincident to study chemistry. But after a long time studying, I feel like organic chemistry.  I have been doing a lot with natural products. Now, I wish I could take a scholarship studying master abroad with synthesis chemistry.
   I'm happy to meet all of you here. I love the people who really love chemistry ^^.

I hope you can make me understand more about chemistry. Thanks so much.

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #326 on: January 05, 2012, 03:04:27 PM »
key435: Welcome to the forum  8)
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline Tijana

• Very New Member
« Reply #327 on: January 06, 2012, 12:49:40 PM »
Hi everybody!

I'm Tijana from Serbia, Nis. Got my bachelor's degree in chemistry after 3 years, finished 4th year and right now I'm finishing 5th year to become master! After that I'm intending Ph.D. :) I like chemistry a lot, especially organic and biochemistry.

Looking forward to learn more chemistry! :)

Offline GigaGravemind

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1/-0
« Reply #328 on: January 08, 2012, 03:11:33 PM »
Hello everyone!

I am a monument to all your sins... But seriously, I am an Undergraduate Biochem student in my senior year who has long struggled with basic concepts.

I was a poor student starting in my sophomore year, which is when I took Gen Chem II and O Chem I, following that, I struggled in simple courses through half my Junior year until I was able to realize what I gift I had been given in my ability to pursue education.

I have since turned over a new leaf and done quite well for someone in my situation, making no lower than a B in any of my Major Courses, making the Dean's honor role and even getting a 4.0 for one semester, despite my shortcomings!

I am struggling, however, after my dealings with P Chem I which has postponed my spring graduation to fall. It was a major blow to all I have worked for and have come to this forum, not only for help, but also encouragement and guidance from my fellow Chemists!

The bottom line is that I know I'm not a great chemist, but I love the field and can't wait to complete my studies and pursue a career in a lab or behind a desk (whatever that may entail). Someday I would even like to teach high school and be an encouragement for others who, like me, love science but feel they have no great aptitude for it.

Lastly, I am a Christian, spend a lot of time in my church community, and try to stay in constant communication with God. While I would not impose, as well as chemistry and careers, I would also love to discuss religion and its application to your life and understanding if you so desire.

Thank you for reading and I look forward to getting to know you all!

Offline Silppuri

• Mole Snacks: +3/-1
  • Laboratorian
    • Symbiosis
« Reply #329 on: January 22, 2012, 04:00:07 AM »
23-year-old male from Finland. I joined the forum because there aren't too many places where you can talk about chemistry with savvy people, and this fills that need quite well.

I like programming (finished a few Symbian C++ projects), spiders, scorpions, mobile devices, technology, fixing and opening car parts and mechanical devices just to see how they work. And all that other geeky stuff.

I'm a laboratorian (study time three years) and I'm working in a factory lab at the moment. I'm not quite sure how people tend to use the title laboratorian in the English speaking countries, but I'm not qualified to do any of that medical stuff, such as taking blood samples etc. I'd need to study four more years for that. I'm only doing titrations, playing with the devices and all that in a non-medical lab.
If you add 1,00 litres of ethanol to 1,00 litres of water, you get 1,92 litres of solution.

Sponsored Links