April 28, 2024, 04:39:04 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 619597 times)

Offline explosci

• Mole Snacks: +3/-0
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #345 on: April 01, 2012, 05:58:48 AM »
Hi, I am a PhD student in inorganic chemistry.  My research involves the development of new energetic materials (explosives)

Offline Evilservo

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #346 on: April 07, 2012, 11:17:31 AM »
Hy all,

I cant believe i found these forums ... i'm an Accounting student and accounts is my field but i love chemistry i studies chemistry till high school but my love for chemistry never ended my father holds a Master degree in Chemistry he never let me choose chemistry whatever i still love it

I love these forums i hope to learn a lot about chemistry and share very little i know about chemistry

Thanx all
 Take care

Offline Gogol13

• Very New Member
« Reply #347 on: April 18, 2012, 11:41:28 AM »
Hello,

My name is Matthew.  I am a biology major, but I have to take Organic Chemistry and will be taking Biochemistry at my university.  I am here to learn from others and for advice on how to study properly.  My goal is to maintain good grades and to learn how to study accordingly.  Your advice will be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Offline mahmoud.ammar

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
« Reply #348 on: May 28, 2012, 11:54:09 AM »
Hi,

My name is Mahmoud.

My age is 16 years old.

I live in Lebanon.

I love chemistry
so much, but the problem is that I don't find people from my age that love chemistry.

Edit: Do not request personal information on public forums.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 01:18:02 PM by Dan »

Offline Vant Hoff

• Very New Member
« Reply #349 on: June 12, 2012, 08:45:27 AM »
Hello, my name is Daniel and I am reading Chemistry at the University of Birmingham, UK and have just completed my first year.

Offline Darren

• In-experience Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +2/-1
« Reply #350 on: June 20, 2012, 11:49:08 AM »
Hello! I am Darren and im studying in singapore. Im 18 this year :D ive not yet been into university.

Offline zeved

« Reply #351 on: July 21, 2012, 09:16:40 AM »
Hello, I am Zeved and I am very interested in chemistry.
I studied one year of Pharmacology but didn't really like it (they had us memorize by heart 6000 latin names of plants, plus the anatomy and all that stuff which i do not care about) so I quit.
Now I am waiting for results on admission to another university in my country (Romania) at the Chemistry department!

Offline aliphatic

• Mole Snacks: +4/-2
« Reply #352 on: July 27, 2012, 10:31:54 PM »
I studied chemical engineering in college for several years before I took some time off and came to the realization that I was going to hate doing it for a living, so I now am an accountant by trade, and current stay at home dad by necessity.
 I use my chemistry background primarily for personal edification (I am ashamed to say I have an ever-growing metal salt collection, and am working on experimental techniques in wool dying), and for the amusement of my and my friend's children (burning s#*$ to make pretty colors, silvering glasses, growing cool crystals, smoke bombs and everything that was truely fun and awesome about chemistry until I had to study it). I try to make my demonstrations as educational as possible, so at least I can trick them into learning something while it goes bang.
 My short-list of interests include electronics, engineering, chemistry, biking, hiking, camping, cooking, alouette, and am heavily into the DIY. I also enjoy long walks on the beach and starry nights.
Gentleman, Scholar, Judge of Fine Whiskey.

Guidestar

« Reply #353 on: August 03, 2012, 05:56:49 AM »
Hey everyone,I'm new here. ;) A man who has just graduated from college.  Nice to meet you all.Though my major is not chemistry but i am very interested in it. I like punk music so much!

Offline Specialk137

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
« Reply #354 on: August 05, 2012, 06:37:57 AM »
Hi guys :)

I'm a sixteen year old high school student in sunny Queensland, Australia.
I've done Chemistry since year 9 and will be graduating with it.
Also, EEI's suck.

Nice to meet you all.

Offline luveshs

• Very New Member
« Reply #355 on: August 06, 2012, 07:40:40 AM »
Hello! My name is Luvesh and i'm currently doing my A levels, taking bio, chem, physics and maths
I'm still abit unsure about which course i will do, but of all the sciences my favourite is chemistry!
Nice meeting all of you!

Offline domnic0723

• Very New Member
« Reply #356 on: August 07, 2012, 03:53:24 AM »
Hiya
Im newbie here,hope you guys may work out my problems.

Offline extensa

• Very New Member
« Reply #357 on: August 16, 2012, 02:52:39 AM »
Hi all,

I'm Masoud and my age is 29.  I'm from the Iran.
Currently I am beginning as a PhD student in analytical chemistry at Shahid Bahonar University.
 ;D

Offline ccirrocc

• Mole Snacks: +0/-4
« Reply #358 on: August 26, 2012, 10:10:44 PM »
Hey Everyone

I am a gold prospector.  I am retired from work and from the U.S. Air Force.  I needed something to do in my retirement so I picked up prospecting for gold.  I was recently in AK.  I was told there is gold, silver and platinum in the ground.  I found this site as a way to figure out how to tell if there is platinum and how to extract it from my concentrates.  In the most safest manner possible.

CC

Offline yesway

• Mole Snacks: +4/-3
« Reply #359 on: August 27, 2012, 12:46:31 PM »
Hi,

I'm a beginning MSc student in MedChem at a continental European university and I'm looking forward to interesting discussions here.

Best

Sponsored Links