April 25, 2024, 05:12:04 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 619128 times)

Offline mjbai

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #360 on: August 29, 2012, 03:49:26 PM »
Hi, I'm new and have a bad history with chemistry but now work in the industry. I'm taking an organic class as well. The bad history was in high school, where I had a really terrible teacher and dropped out of advanced chem. Since I'm now working in Higher Education, I have to learn to conquer my fear :) hope you all can *delete me*

Online Hunter2

• Mole Snacks: +166/-48
  • Vena Lausa moris pax drux bis totis
« Reply #361 on: August 31, 2012, 01:01:58 AM »
Hello I am Hunter2 also called Norbert.  I am a chemical engineer 51 age. I studied Polymer science in Germany and work to day in a galvano technic company. Travel alot to customers in the far east. China is my second home land.

Offline _Weirdo_0.o

• Mole Snacks: +2/-0
« Reply #362 on: October 09, 2012, 03:27:36 PM »
Hi everyone!
My name's Ilyssa and I am a sophomore biochemistry major, currently taking the Honors O-Chem class at my school.
I hope to gain assistance in the sciences on this forum since everyone at my school (especially in the Honors class) is snooty and therefore, very difficult to talk to.
Let's talk :]

Offline UrbanLegend

• Very New Member
« Reply #363 on: October 16, 2012, 07:03:23 AM »
Good morning everyone,
How everyone doing? Kinda new to this place. Hope to learn more stuff in here.

Offline nuclearalcemist2

• Very New Member
« Reply #364 on: October 19, 2012, 07:34:15 AM »
Hello everybody!

I've heard this is a wonderful place to discuss stuff. I'm looking forward to helping people out using the knowledge (limited) I possess!

See ya around!

Offline Chartreuse

• Very New Member
« Reply #365 on: October 20, 2012, 11:52:35 PM »
Greetings, everybody!
My current online name is Chartreuse/Charts, a sophomore Pharmacy student from Manila, Philippines. I find Chemistry extremely amusing as of late, although I have yet to justify that recent interest while I retrack and study again all of the chemistry topics I took for granted. Teaching is one of my recent passions and I handled tutorials for general and organic chemistry subjects, and botany for the last year. I am currently learning Biochemistry and am set out to tackle Pharmacology and pharmaceutical chemistry subjects in the next years. I visited this forum to maintain my interest for chemistry even while at home, and especially with other people of the same interest. In that, I hope to meet and make new friends in this forum. Cheers!
- Charts

Offline Altered State

• Mole Snacks: +24/-4
    • Chemistry Hall
« Reply #366 on: October 28, 2012, 07:56:07 PM »
Hi everyone.
I'm a second year Chemistry student. I'm from Spain and I'm studing at the UDC university, in Galicia, but my goal is to work all around the world, don't really know where, but absolutely out of here. I'm also trying to reach high marks in my grade. As you can apreciate my English is not as good as I wanted it to be, but I do my best, feel free to correct me.

Regards, and I hope I will learn a bunch of things over here, see you!

Offline Archy12345

• Mole Snacks: +2/-0
« Reply #367 on: December 26, 2012, 09:13:53 PM »
Hello chemists! xD I'm Ben. I'm a 17 year old senior in the US. I've been taking chemistry classes for about two and a half years now. I love chemistry. I'm not the best at it, but I try to learn something new about it everyday. I recently got a pretty decent chemistry set. I'm hoping to learn all I can from it. I want to study chemistry in college.

I also love music. I play 6 instruments and write music all the time. xD

Offline Napoleon

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1/-0
« Reply #368 on: January 08, 2013, 04:25:20 AM »
Hello :)
My name is Napoleon and I am currently a student at TSK in the Faroe Islands... While the school focuses on many different classes, I seem to like chemistry the most. Hope to interact plenty with you guys:)

Offline Ember

« Reply #369 on: January 24, 2013, 06:01:59 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm a chemistry student at Utrecht University (Netherlands). I like a wide range of chemistry subjects, but mainly I'm interested in physical chemistry. At the moment, I'm trying to improving my organic chemistry knowledge, which is one of the reasons why I registered.

Offline nick123

« Reply #370 on: February 07, 2013, 12:08:49 PM »
Hello! My name is Nick and i am studying chemistry in the university of Athens, Greece!!! I really like your forum!!

Hope all have a good chemistry together...!

Offline Sealion

« Reply #371 on: February 20, 2013, 04:55:54 PM »
Hi, I'm a 20 year old undergraduate, from UK
I am particularly interested in the chemistry behind drug use (pharmaceuticals) and their molecular structures.
I have been lurking these forums for a while but decided to join today.
 ;D

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +530/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
« Reply #372 on: February 27, 2013, 11:07:27 PM »
Hi everyone -

I joined today but this isn't my first time here.  Arrived here occasionally in the past accidentally through google searches.  Happened today again and figured what the heck, might as well register.

I earned my PhD in chemistry in 2006 in the area of molecular photophysics and electronic materials.  Did a post-doc in nanomaterials which I completed in 2009.  Since then I've had a job with an agency in the US federal government as a research scientist.  I'm more into materials science now but I still love my spectroscopy roots and always will!  Don't get a chance to teach that much in my current position but I always loved that part of academia so I'm always happy to help younger people achieve an understanding of chemical concepts, but also help to nurture a love of chemistry and science in general.

Anyway, nice to meet you all...
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #373 on: February 28, 2013, 04:25:24 AM »
Welcome to the forum Corribus, hope you will feel like home here :)
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline EPhantom

« Reply #374 on: April 09, 2013, 08:18:22 PM »
Hello, I made this account a long while ago but didn't really do much with it, so let me introduce myself and try to be more active. :)

My name is Joseph, I am 23 years old and live in Michigan . I was working towards getting a degree in electrical engineering when some medical issues started popping up making things difficult for me. I have interestes in electronics, chemistry, and medicine, and metal (I just like metal :P )

Most of what I'll probably be posting about will be about metals, fire/plasma, and maybe some medical related stuff (nothing insane in that field though).

I'm not very good at chemistry, so I'll try to keep my questions in a form as if I'm a student asking for help with homework and only ask for a solution if I can't figure it out on my own after a while.

Sponsored Links