March 18, 2024, 11:57:30 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 614607 times)

Offline Soresu

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #465 on: January 08, 2018, 09:37:37 PM »
Yahallo~

Just a Canadian high school student who happens to be talented in chemistry :) Currently trying to make the team to go to IChO 2018

Offline unstable

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1/-0
« Reply #466 on: February 27, 2018, 10:36:33 PM »
Hello all!

I found your forum on google while trying to look up a problem on my Chem 101 homework. A little about me, in case anyone cares:

Im a 36 year old male from Boise who decided to go back to school last year. Im in my second year (4th semester) at a local community college and am really enjoying school. Im taking Trig, Chem 101 w/ Chem lab, and American History. Doing a Liberal Arts degree with an engineering focus. I'll be transferring to Boise State after finishing up at CWI (College of Western Idaho).

I hope Ill be able to ask some questions with Chemistry and Trig without being too annoying haha

Thanks for reading,
unstable

P.S. If someone can link the board to post my issue, Id appreciate it. The problem Im having trouble with is:
Find the number of SO42- Units, #S atoms, #O atoms, #Metal atoms for the following: CaSO4

Offline klone

« Reply #467 on: March 01, 2018, 05:46:03 AM »
Hello everyone!
That's my first post, I'm a researcher in chemistry!
My interest are Polymers and catalysts ... not very skilled in Organic chemistry!

Offline Guitrz

• Very New Member
« Reply #468 on: April 15, 2018, 11:58:08 AM »
Hello, my name is Guilherme and I'm a 1st year undergrad in Chemistry here in the south of Brazil.
I'm applying for a military exam to try and join the Army, meanwhile I'll be studying 1 year of Chem, so I'm trying to make the most out of it.

Honestly, I'm bad at Chemistry, didn't have a good base in high-school, and that is why I decided to study it more.

Also explosive reactions are really fun.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #469 on: April 15, 2018, 01:39:34 PM »
Also explosive reactions are really fun.

Sure they are.

Bad news: we don't discuss explosives here.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Guitrz

• Very New Member
« Reply #470 on: April 15, 2018, 03:12:59 PM »
I'm well aware, I've read the rules.  ;)

Offline EricBoss

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +2/-0
« Reply #471 on: April 24, 2018, 11:08:15 AM »
Hey guys - Electrician by trade but working on a career change. Science has always been my passion so on I'm on this forum to keep that fire going.

All the way from Vancouver,BC - Please keep Toronto in your prayers as well.

Thx!

Offline ALonelyMacromolecule

• Mole Snacks: +2/-0
« Reply #472 on: May 02, 2018, 11:05:46 AM »
Hello, friend.

I am from India, seventeen years old who wishes to become a pharmaceutical scientist. I wish to join one of the IITs for my M.Sc (Or M.S as you folks put it. We generally in India, refer to M.S as Master of Surgery.)

Offline Haim Rozler

« Reply #473 on: January 02, 2019, 06:24:07 AM »
Hello, my name is Haim Rozler and I'm studying for a Ph. D. in Physical Chemistry in the Ben-Gurion University in Israel.

Offline sharbeldam

• Mole Snacks: +8/-2
« Reply #474 on: May 18, 2019, 06:54:03 PM »
Hi my name is Shar
I tutor Organic chemistry for free :) and im here to learn new things and also help people who need it.
O-Chem 1+2 Online Free tutor on Skype: Live:damnitsjake21

Offline rolnor

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +148/-10
« Reply #475 on: June 19, 2019, 05:43:56 AM »
Dear Friends,

I am Rolf, 53 years old.
I became interested in chemistry as a 12 year old, after my father bought mee and my brother a chemistry-set. I had a lab in our basement as a teenager, making both experiments with chemistry and electricity. Started at Astra-Zeneca in -96 doing prodrugs of penicillin, switched to working with nucleosides targeting HIV. When Astra closed down the HIV-research my bosses started a new company, Medivir. I stayd at Astra for one more year working with CNS-drugs, mainly 8-OHDPAT analogs doing a lot of palldium(0) and copper-chemistry then I quit and started at Medivir. At this time I also started my PhD. We worked with PETT-analogs, doing some really neat QSAR-work with the software PC-Model from Serena Software. I bought stocks really cheap when Medivir was just a 10-people company and -94 the company was on the Stockholm Stock Market, I made some profit on this. I have invested this in my own company Kemicon and are now working on some nice protecting group chemistry.
Have a nice day!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 06:06:52 AM by rolnor »

Offline rolnor

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +148/-10
« Reply #476 on: June 19, 2019, 04:01:39 PM »
I started at Astra-Zeneca -86, mistake!

Offline hollytara

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +39/-0
« Reply #477 on: June 24, 2019, 02:56:21 PM »
Holly Taringsworth

From Connecticut, have taught at a small college/university.  Have done lots of different kinds of chemistry - but mostly Organic related.

Love to run.

Offline Baseband

• Very New Member
« Reply #478 on: June 26, 2019, 09:02:50 AM »
Hello everybody! I recently joined this forum since I'm from Sweden and there's no Swedish counterpart where chemistry can be discussed.

I am taking a course in chemistry in October this fall, the reason for this is mainly because of interest and not necessarily because I care about education per se, as in my mom wanting to do something with my life etc, haha. Although, if my levels of knowledge increase to such a state that I am competent enough for a job, that would be wonderful, but I mostly value knowledge in itself :)

Greetings from Sweden!

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #479 on: September 16, 2019, 11:13:49 AM »
Welcome Scarlette.
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Sponsored Links