April 28, 2024, 08:36:19 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 619481 times)

Offline energetica

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #270 on: June 06, 2010, 02:32:16 PM »
Hello everyone!  :)

My name is Villy and I'm studying pharmaceutical chemistry and technology at University of Trieste in Italy. To be honest my intention was to study pharmacy but because of misunderstanding with secretary I was sent to the other department. I was kinda confused because I didn't know what to expect there, and I had so many chances to change department but for some reason I decided to stay. At the beginning it was very difficult to study because of language barrier (because Italian is not my first language but Croatian), but I managed to find the way to learn language and to fall in love with more chemistry than I would ever get if I was studying pharmacy.

The reason why I've decided to join this forum is because I want to learn more of scientific English and get help in case I don't find answers on my possible questions (as some of professors don't explain quite well certain subjects).  :)

Offline z0k

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #271 on: June 14, 2010, 01:06:15 PM »
Just dropping in to say hello.
Currently doing my undergrad in Ontario.

Offline Jorriss

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +41/-14
« Reply #272 on: June 22, 2010, 10:06:32 PM »
My name's Garrett, I'm 18 and I'm about to enter my junior year. I've taken introductory and general chemistry and my intro. instructor was great, so I changed it to my major. I like chemistry, bleach, comics and the beach.

Offline btc

« Reply #273 on: June 29, 2010, 02:44:12 PM »
Hello, my name is Brian and I live in beautiful Memphis, TN.  I am 36 and wish to shift gears in my professional life to go back to school for chemistry.  I was a finance major in college because "that's where the money is".  It took a while for me to realize that money is not happiness.  I find myself watching the clock and waiting for 5:00 to come around on a daily basis.  My advice to anyone is do what makes you happy.  I hope that it is not too late for me to turn my career into something I enjoy!

Offline Gambr1nus

• Very New Member
« Reply #274 on: July 06, 2010, 07:17:44 PM »
Hello All,

I'm a 21 year old male from Tennessee. I am currently undergoing a bachelor's degree in Chemistry at East Tennessee State University. I have aspirations of Pharmacy School however I may pursue a future in the fields of Chemistry. I am currently enrolled in the second portion of Organic Chemistry and I couldn't imagine a better way to spend my summer  ;) .

I look forward to reading over these forums and learning a lot from great chemists the world over.

Offline Stygilation

• Very New Member
« Reply #275 on: July 20, 2010, 10:21:28 PM »
Hi I'm a 17 year old student still in Norway who love chemistry! I'm planning to get a PHD in theoretical Chemistry or material or Physical  ;D ;D.

Offline cocozhao1988

• Very New Member
« Reply #276 on: July 28, 2010, 03:27:46 AM »
I'm Tarcy,from China.Now a sale in a export chemical industry,our company web:www.wuruichem.com

Offline hahavance

« Reply #277 on: August 02, 2010, 03:53:04 AM »
I am Vance, from China , and leared physics and chemical in high school . But my major is international trade. It's so funny. I just swith science to economic.
Many students in China face such condition. Maybe the same to you.
Now , I am working in a chemical company ,in charge of sales. I think my learning in high school is very useful, and also pity for that I didn't studied chemical in college.
I like programing and computer games.if you like these also ,we can make friends. Besides that, I also can supply various of chemicals,just like API(Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients), medical intermediates, raw chemicals.So if everyone need chemicals ,you can contact me.
Base on friendship,I will give you a reasonable price. :)
Ok, self-introduction is finished. Looking forward to your information ,especially about making friends.

MSN: wyz.vance#live.cn  (# is @)

Offline Caeldom

• Dan
    • Visit Dan's Online Portfolio
« Reply #278 on: August 13, 2010, 12:27:11 PM »
Hey peeps, name's Dan, from Aussieland. I'm currently sitting for my HSC (the culmination of high school exams here) and taking Chemistry as one of my subjects. Gotta say, it's a heck of a lot of info to retain but I reckon by answering questions and helping out around here I'll learn and remember a lot more! So yeah, how you guys doing?
Animator, artist, asian, australian, bookworm, brother, christian, dancer, drummer, gamer, graphics designer, muso, ninja, programmer, traceur, web designer.

Offline Mr E

• Very New Member
« Reply #279 on: August 16, 2010, 05:40:50 PM »
Hi guys and gals. I'm Mister E, but you can just call me Mr. :)

I'm not a professor yet but if I get get out of college then I will be! I recently changed my major from computer science to chemistry to transfer(to a state school).

I'm 21 so I kind of can't help but feel screwed. I mean I just changed my major so I'm years away from where I want to be. However, chemistry is a huge passion of mine and I've been researching on all of my off-time to "catch-up". Hopefully I can fit in here, it seems like a nice forum.

I hope everyone is well!

Offline Miray

• Very New Member
« Reply #280 on: October 04, 2010, 01:01:12 PM »
Hello!

My name's Paul, and I'm from Poland. Currently I'm studying chemical engineering on Gdansk University of Technology(BA). I'm interested in inorganic chemistry (mainly new, specific materials and crystallography) and physical chemistry. Sorry for my english, i now it's not perfect;)

Good day everyone

Offline UCONNscience

• Very New Member
« Reply #281 on: October 04, 2010, 11:31:33 PM »
 ;D

Hello everyone! New to the forum and also somewhat new to chemistry. I'm an undergrad at the University of Connecticut, in my first semester of organic chemistry honors section after studying a full year of general chemistry. i look forward to getting help on problems in our textbook haha :P. im also trying to read chemistry books in my spare time, so if you have any good recommendations, let me know!

Good luck in your studies!

Offline Owen Fry

• Very New Member
« Reply #282 on: October 15, 2010, 04:25:06 AM »
Hey all!

I am Owen Fry, and I am from UK. Right from school days, I was very passionate about Chemistry and loves to know everything about it. Hope I can be a valuable member of this community.

Offline Stryker321

• Very New Member
« Reply #283 on: October 15, 2010, 10:51:14 PM »
Hi all, my name is Steve and I'm currently a chemistry major at Rutgers University. Currently taking Organic chemistry.

Trying to look up problems and see how they are done, but I'm being told it's restricted to me.. bleh.

Anyway, hope to get to know the people here better.

Sincerely,
Steve

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #284 on: October 16, 2010, 12:46:50 AM »
@Stryker321 Nothing at this website should be restricted. What exactly is the content you are trying to access?
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Sponsored Links