March 28, 2024, 05:00:16 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 615386 times)

Offline sapta

• Mole Snacks: +1/-5
  • I'm not a llama!
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2005, 01:26:43 AM »
Hi everyone,my name is Saptarshi Sarkar,I'm 17 and from India.My favourite subjects are Phy.,Maths, and General and Organic Chemistry.love reading stories and dread Inorganic Chemistry.This is the first time i am reading organic Chem.So, keep expecting blunders from me ;D  

Offline xiankai

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +77/-37
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2005, 06:35:26 AM »
hello everyone, its about time i introduced myself i think :p

im currently taking my O-lvls this year in s'pore, and i find most of the discussions held here far out of my league, but im learning much nevertheless :)

ordinarily i couldnt learn very much in classroom as im abit hard of hearing, and one day when i was googling around and found this site, i also found someone else from my country too and decided to stay here.
one learns best by teaching

Offline woelen

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +40/-2
  • The art of wondering makes life worth living...
    • Science made alive
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2005, 11:08:00 AM »
Hello,

I'm Wilco and my age is 39 and I'm from the Netherlands. I have a family with two children.

I've studied electronics and information technology at the University level and have done scientific research in the field of mechatronics and control theory. After receiving my PhD in mechatronics (ten years ago) I switched career from science to business. Currently, I'm working as a software engineer and software architect for enterprise solutions. My main task at the moment is a mix of consultancy and writing software in C and C++. I'm quite succesful at software engineering and applied mathematics and that is what makes me have a good earning. I have no formal education in chemistry, but I've read quite a lot about it in books and on the internet.

Besides my work, I'm also member of the board of one of the local churches in the place where I live. I love to do that work, although sometimes you come accross sad things happening to people.

I like my work, but at an amateur level I still like to be busy with science. As a young child I already was playing around with all kinds of materials in and around the house and my interest in science never has faded. In the course of the years, however, I have become much more careful and some things I did as a young boy I certainly would not do nowadays anymore.

At the moment, I do chemistry, pure mathematics and photography at the somewhat more advanced hobby level. Unfortunately there is no more time left for more than hobby-level science, when you have a family and a full-time job.

I came accross this site approximately 2 weeks ago and since then I watched it frequently and I posted some messages on it. I watch this site with great pleasure and I hope to post more contributions to this site in the (near) future.

Wilco
Want to wonder? See http://www.oelen.net/science

Offline ksr985

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +4/-4
  • typee!
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2005, 03:20:10 PM »
hello then

i am an indian, currently pursuing an undergrad in chemistry in delhi university. If everything works out, i should be doing my PhD somewhere closer to where most of you are

my primary interest lies in organic chemistry. if i ever get the chance, i would like to work on the sense of smell, which i find very intriguing...have ideas and theories up my sleeve that i dont care to relate for fear pf plagiarism, and, well, to prevent sheer embarassment to myself.

chemistry confession i must make: i find JACS bloody intimidating. hope to be good enough to figure things out someday.

over and out.

i remain, always,
ksr985

Offline Rayan

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +5/-14
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2005, 09:59:35 AM »
hello everybody
I am a Lebanese girl. i graduated from hight school and now i'm 2nd year chemistry in the lebanese university (the only official university in the country)..
i found this site while surfing the net..
nice to meet all of you :)

Offline lemonoman

• Atmospheric
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +71/-8
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2005, 12:17:04 AM »
I already posted a few things, but Mitch told me to come over here and introduce myself anyways.

So, how's life?  That's good.  I like university...chemistry is good.

I'm going to be taking a few good ones in the fall, like Inorganic, Chemical Kinetics, Computational Physical Chemistry and Spectroscopy of Organic Compunds (all 3rd and 4th year courses).  That, and a biochem course.

Life is good.  Don't ever forget that.  If life ISN'T good...make it better :)

Cheers, and I'll talk to y'all later!

Offline DrCMS

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +210/-81
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2005, 04:37:00 AM »
I'm 35 have a PhD in organosilicon chemistry and have worked in the UK chemical industry for the last 10 years.  

Offline Qazzian

• Mole Snacks: +13/-6
  • Text? We don't need no stinking text!
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2005, 01:15:40 AM »
Hey there, I'm Qazzian. I've checked these boards a few times when looking for help with something, but decided today to join.

I'm taking undergrad biochemistry at the University of Waterloo. I enjoy long walks on the beach and romantic moonlit nights. Call me ;)
Biochemistry student. Third Year. University of Waterloo. Canada.

Hire Co-Op!

Offline Grejak

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +5/-0
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2005, 11:28:49 PM »
Hi all, I am Grejak, a 23 year old female from Pennsylvania.  I obtained my bachelors at a small college there in chemistry with a focus on inorganic and analytical.

Currently I am beginning my second year as a grad student at UC Berkeley/LBNL, working in the same research group as Mitch.  So, he is the one who introduced me to the forum.  Anyway, I am working on obtaining my Ph D in nuclear chemistry with a thesis on solution chemistry of dubnium (element 105) and (hopefully) hot fusion with plutonium targets :).

Offline sdekivit

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +32/-3
  • B.Sc Biomedical Sciences, Utrecht University
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2005, 03:13:09 AM »
hi, i am sander de kivit and i'm from holland. I'm 17 and currently second year biomedical sciences at the univerity of Utrecht.
I teach chemistry at a secondary school where i passed my finals and assist in physical chemistry for 1st years biomedical sciences.

Offline tortoise

• Mole Snacks: +4/-10
  • I'm a tortoise!
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2005, 05:15:19 AM »
oh,  sdekivit, you teach at a secondary school at your 17 age ? Oh I can not believe it, sorry... But it's true, you are really good.

I am 16 and from Vietnam. Sorry, I don't like Chemistry more than Maths (though I am not good at Maths very much  ;D).  But I enjoy out forum. Here, I can improve my English as well as my chemistry. Thank to all here.

Offline Eric

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +2/-4
  • I'm a mole!
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2005, 02:35:15 AM »
Im Eric from Southern California.  I am 19 and a Junior at the University of California, Riverside and am a Chem major.  I am head of an ACS chapter and am currently doing research with scanning tunneling microscopes in high vacuum chambers at 20K.  I have taken graduate classes in advanced instrumentation and spend lots of time designing and building sensitive analytical equipment.  The machine shop is my friend.  I took AP chem in high school and after getting a 5 on the test and finishing 1 hour early decided to persue as a major.  I dont intend to be a chemist though.  Surgery is my path.  Maybe i can help answer some questions with physical chemistry and high vacuum systems...  

aduke

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2005, 11:15:26 PM »
Hi,
I'm Anton.  I will be a senior in high school in Huntsville, AL this year and taking AP Chemistry.  Currently, I plan on completing my senior year and getting a scholarship through National Merit to the University of Alabama and start a long education in the field of medicine or biochemical engineering.  I look forward to being able to find help here when I can't work through problems myself.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 11:15:50 PM by aduke »

Offline Jiro

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +7/-5
  • Faith.
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2005, 04:12:54 AM »
Hi akuma... I LOVE CHEMISTRY! and genki wo dashite! ummm i already introduced myself already but haha i feel like doing it again. err.. Hi! ya been on here for awhile now and haven't really made any huge contributions to this forum and i apologise I'll try to be more helpful from now on haha.

wow lemonoman is only 19 and already doing 3rd year chemistry courses crazy man.. haha

Anyway that would be cool if one day there would be a huge chemicalforums.com meeting haha that would be wicked.

Offline nate

• Mole Snacks: +2/-1
  • I'm a mole!
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2005, 01:17:05 AM »
Hello All:

I am nathan from Fort Wayne, Indiana.  I am in the process of returning to school to attend Med School after practicing physical therapy for 8 years.  I was at first very hesitant to start chem classes at school because of a bad experience with it in high school.  I took one class of college level Chemistry and have loved it ever since.  I am taking my first Organic Chem class this year and have been lurking around the O Chem forum.  I am really impressed with the website and glad that I have found it.  I really hope to learn a lot from all of you.

Thanks

Sponsored Links