March 29, 2024, 05:05:40 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 615473 times)

Offline pottesjaak on den hoak

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #390 on: August 21, 2013, 04:23:26 PM »
21years old
( professional as in being paid for ) chemist doing QC and Research for company producing additives for polymers;
fininished a specialized high school program here in europe with a great emphasis on different disciplines within chemistry

I've written my final essay on Gas chromatography,

have been working in the chemical industry since my 20 years old,
2 interships : -

- BRC petroplus holdings : in the lab doing GC , emission spectroscopy and some complextitrations

- Evonik : as a process operator controlling the whole chemical procedure as well as doing some GC to monitor production in the lab

worked for Inza : doing microbiological tests ( hated it ) , vitamine C determination by titration , some physical testing ( density and viscosity )

currently working for ?? :

my specialties are : ( if i may say so ) outstanding analytical skills and thinking
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 04:44:59 PM by Arkcon »

Offline kriggy

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +135/-16
« Reply #391 on: August 26, 2013, 05:27:50 PM »
Hi there,
I´m starting last year of my bachelors in bioinorganic chemistry so I have about 9 months to write my thesis. I want to get my PHD in the end and stay at university as researcher / teacher.

I realy like working in a lab although I sometimes lack patience but I didnt destroy any experience piece of glassware (yet :D)
I hope i can learn thing or two from you guys :)
cheers

Offline Furquan

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #392 on: September 06, 2013, 10:15:26 AM »
Hi,

My name is Furquan Hassan. I am from Toronto, Canada. Just wanted to say hello to all the members here.

I have just started studying Chemistry. I find it very interesting. Unfortunately my teacher is one lazy person  :-\, he does not teaches us anything at all that is why I am here in this forum and made it as my homepage. I am looking forward to study engineering in university which means I need a firm ground in chemistry and physics.

I have just started and I am pretty seriously into it, therefore I will be asking a lot of questions (starting from the basics) from my bro's and sis's here in this forum. For every question I will be leaving my name in the heading "[Furquan]".  I hope you will help me in this journey.  :)

Offline Hunter2

• Mole Snacks: +162/-47
  • Vena Lausa moris pax drux bis totis
« Reply #393 on: September 06, 2013, 10:52:00 AM »
Hello and welcome

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #394 on: September 06, 2013, 12:34:34 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

For every question I will be leaving my name in the heading "[Furquan]"

Please don't, we prefer subject to tell us what the question is about, not who posted it.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Brodes

« Reply #395 on: September 22, 2013, 01:20:11 AM »
G'day! My name is Brodie & I'm from Australia. I'm currently studying for my Engineering Degree & I work for a desalination company.

I've grown to love the chemistry side of both work & study & hope to learn more from you guys in this forum.

I'd be keen to hear from anyone else from down under :-)

Offline asalam

« Reply #396 on: September 27, 2013, 02:26:17 PM »
Hey im Asalam and ive recently been pursuing an interest in chemistry. I have started distilling and condensing home made alcohol for research purposes and am studying as much as i can on biochemistry through tutorials, documents and research online. Would love help to learn more and hopefully will pursue a degree as a mature student in biochemistry.

Offline Lete_

« Reply #397 on: October 05, 2013, 06:07:55 PM »
Hi everyone!
I'm a master student in polymer science in Brazil. I joined the group to discuss about polymers!! =)

Offline nicknow123

• Mole Snacks: +1/-1
« Reply #398 on: November 18, 2013, 03:20:09 PM »
I'm a High School Sophomore taking regular Chemistry, and I developed a passion for the subject while partially disabled due to Accutane. I like doing home experiments, to the dismay of some of my family members, and enjoy being able to take the science into my own hands. I'm very inexperienced and ignorant compared to the very advanced individuals on this site, and I hope you will bear with me and my occasional stupidity. Thanks -

Nick

Offline labrat42

« Reply #399 on: December 02, 2013, 10:28:46 PM »
I am new here.  I love learning chemistry, but it doesn't come easily.  I know for some it is a gift.  For me, I hope it is a skill that I can learn with practice.

megatyler30

« Reply #400 on: December 24, 2013, 10:39:05 AM »
Hi everyone, my name is Tyler. I'm a Junior in high school. Every since freshman year, when I took chemistry, I've been very interested in chemistry and chemical engineering.

So far the chemistry (or chemistry related) classes I've taken:
  • High School Chemistry
  • General Chemistry
  • Organic Chemistry 1 (at Lawrence Technlogical University)
  • Engineering Materials (at Lawrence Technlogical University)

And next semester I'm taking Physical Chemistry 1, Engineering Materials Lab, Differential Equations (took Calculus 3 this past semester and got A), and Engineering Statics.

Anyways nice to meet all of you  :)
(I'll post my blog I just started in the advertising and on my profile, I'd love to get opinions on good self-study textbooks)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 11:03:27 AM by megatyler30 »

Offline Joeyups7

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
New here
« Reply #401 on: December 24, 2013, 04:41:15 PM »
Hey everyone. Im new here and want to get into chemistry. I don't know much at all but in the past few days I have made all kinds of cool things doing experiments with chemicals found in my home. It would be great to get some guidance on making new things. The basic chems I got are Aluminum sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, sodium bicarbonate, Copper acetate, sodium hydroxide, acetic acid, citric acid, hydrogen peroxide, and ammonium hydroxide. I know that there is so much I can potentially make with all this. It would be amazing if anyone could help get me started.. Thanks Joey Ups

Offline Molaris

« Reply #402 on: December 25, 2013, 11:32:55 PM »
Hello everybody! My name is Chris and I'm thrilled to be here with people who love chemistry!! I am an undergraduate chemistry major in southern California. Looking foward to being on here.

Offline Papou

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-1
« Reply #403 on: January 31, 2014, 03:08:42 PM »
Hi i'm Papou, I am from Canada and I am here to see how much people could teach me more before I go back to school as I wanna study chemistry !

Offline AlphaScent

• Mole Snacks: +24/-7
« Reply #404 on: March 11, 2014, 10:32:56 AM »
Hello All,

My name is Bob.  I am 25 years old and am currently a production chemist for a small company specializing in insect pheromone technology.  I graduated from SUNY-ESF in Syracuse, NY in 2011 with a B.S. in chemistry.  I am returning to start my graduate work at the same institution this fall in elucidation and synthesis of organic compounds.

I grew up in the Buffalo area and was always intrigued by the field of science.  I enjoyed physics immensely after reading "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene.  Though taking my first differential equations class I realized I would not be a major player in string theory and would just stick to chemistry full time. 

Cheers!!
If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the precipitate

Sponsored Links