April 16, 2024, 06:33:37 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 617867 times)

Offline SinkingTako

• Mole Snacks: +8/-0
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #420 on: December 07, 2014, 04:28:54 AM »
I think I haven't posted here before, though I've lurked (and posted a bit) for a while.

So, hello everybody, I am fro Singapore, reached the drinking age in some countries (not all), and currently a lost sheep applying for universities and thinking about what to do for the next 9 months or so. It's like a 3/4 gap year kind of thing now.

I'm seriously considering doing chemistry in university, and become a organic chemist someday. Though practical wise chem (esp in academia) doesn't seem too promising so that's making me reconsider a bit.

I love org chem, especially synthesis, which makes me kind of jealous that so many of you have the chance to work around the lab making stuff and doing analysis. I did try doing lab for a short period and I thoroughly enjoyed it,  though I think if it's a job it gets annoying heh ;)

I thoroughly liked problem of the week when it was still in existence. Very sad that it's gone :(

Actually since there's quite a bit of interest in proposing synthesis schemes, why don't we start a problem of the week on that? Like proposing a scheme for a compound. And whoever gets the most elegant one wins! I think some of my friends at school really enjoy that as casual activities.

So: hohoho! Hello! Nice to meet you all!
Hello!

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1800/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #421 on: December 07, 2014, 05:27:16 AM »
why don't we start a problem of the week on that?

We tried in the past - but somehow it never worked for long. Note it is quite an effort to find interesting problems every week. But I would love to see this kind of activity at CF!
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline gitesh

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #422 on: December 07, 2014, 10:16:25 AM »
Hi there.. My name is Giteshwar. I'm from Jalgaon,India. I'm 11th student. I like chemistry and Computer programming.  :) ;)

Offline Damilola

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
« Reply #423 on: December 13, 2014, 01:22:36 PM »
Am Damilola, am an undergrad at OOU right here in Nigeria. Currently, am studing anatomy upon grad i will put in for med

Offline ioncube

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
« Reply #424 on: January 01, 2015, 02:27:48 PM »
Hi there greetings to all of you ...I am a practising Chemical Engineer at Pakistan's largest Chloralkali industry. We create caustic via membrane electrolysis technology by Uhdenora & AsaiKasia...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 07:40:34 AM by Arkcon »

Offline Symposium

• Very New Member
« Reply #425 on: February 03, 2015, 09:48:49 PM »
Hello~
I am a High School senior going into Chemical Engineering in college (not sure yet which college but already been accepted as ChE major to Purdue). I've been lurking on these forums for a little bit. I hope to do something related to my enjoyment of programming, mathematics, and chemistry as an extension to Chemical Engineering.

I live in the good ol' USA as an Asian-American.

Offline Darryl1

• Mole Snacks: +5/-0
« Reply #426 on: February 19, 2015, 11:22:25 PM »
Just stumbled on this site looking for chemistry / general science forums.

I'm a terrible chemist, but a pretty good food scientist.  I have a degree in food science and human nutrition and work in food product development.  Most of the chemistry I do is food related.  If there are any ingredients in food that you don't know what they are, there is a good chance that i could tell you.
Aside from that, I'm a general science nerd and I like to give talks about random sciency things and corrupt the youth to get them into food science.  Lately I've been into the space program and anything nuclear.  I'm also a pretty terrible *Ignore me, I am dishonest* player - which is why I have a day job.
Looking forward to reading these forums periodically.

-d

Offline Bushinryu

« Reply #427 on: March 02, 2015, 10:04:26 AM »
Hi, everyone!

"Bushinryu" here. Fom Europe, though live in Japan, with chemistry as a private hobby; hence my decision to join the forum here as I thought it a great place to share information and learn from the more experienced and knowledgeable.

Yoroshiku onegai shimasu.

:)

Offline sk36

« Reply #428 on: March 29, 2015, 01:55:16 PM »
Hi all, I'm Siva from Tamilnadu, India. I'd done my UG in Chemistry. I had worked in other fields for around 2 years and now almost my chemistry knowledge is rusted. Now I'm working as analytical chemist in a private testing company. I want to recall things and as well as i want to learn more about restricted substance in textiles (as I'm working as a Analytical Chemist in textile testing). Hope joining in a forum should be useful to recall my chemistry as well as learning chemistry. Apart from chemistry i like Photography.

Offline Henry_H

« Reply #429 on: April 06, 2015, 07:17:41 PM »
Hello, My name is Henry Hsieh. If anyone is interesting in purchasing TiO2, or has any questions. You may contact me via pm thx. 

Offline Daeron13

« Reply #430 on: April 29, 2015, 02:40:21 PM »
Greetings!

I'm new here so, I'll introduce myself: I'm Ray, a graduate student, who is studying Science of Materials in the University of Sonora, in Sonora, Mexico. Almost 25 years old, and I love chemistry, physics and math!

I'm currently working in molecular recognition of anions, and I'm developing a sensor molecule that can attach anions via hydrogen bond. My undergraduate was in Food Chemistry, at the same university.

I have participated in several Chemistry contests, as well as in Physics and Math (but didn't have so much luck in the latest) and I won some prizes.

I enjoy reading books, play flute and play videogames :D And the best: sleeping z____z

I hope to be useful here!

Offline Kemistry Kaiser

• Mole Snacks: +2/-0
  • Sophomore chemistry major
« Reply #431 on: May 29, 2015, 01:18:47 PM »
   Hey everyone!

My name is Alec Balog and I'm currently a sophomore at Penn State. Besides my general chemistry curriculum, online articles, and backyard experiments, the only real chemistry work that I've done is a semester of analytical research on molecularly imprinted polymers (which I will continue researching in the Fall). I'm obsessed with learning and experimenting with chemistry and will certainly be pursuing a PhD. in it. I'm mostly here to learn from all you professionals out there, and so far this forum is great!

I also love to read, write, draw, play video games, study history, and learn about any and all science, especially chem. Looking forward to becoming a part of the community!  ;D

Alec B.
Penn State class of '18
Prospective chemist

Offline zapkinus

• Very New Member
« Reply #432 on: May 31, 2015, 12:06:34 PM »
hi all

i'm working organic chemistry, Fluorene/Fluorenone ring, the investigation of the mechanism between DNA-ligand interaction and the telomerase activity in addition carbazole and ethidium bromide ring, DNA-Ligang interaction and the telomarase activity,

what i'm saying is, would you be science friend?

i don't speak English very well but knowledge grows when shared

thank you

Offline Rei

« Reply #433 on: June 02, 2015, 04:48:31 AM »
Hi all, I'm someone who's led a rather unambitious life until recently, and realized that there had to be some passion of mine worth pursuing, and so I found chemistry. I begin my second year as an undergraduate next semester, and I am looking forward to every single bit of it. I could describe the past years as me being a mediocre student due to a lack of motivation and enthusiasm for learning, but I believe I can change that; better late than never!

I don't know where I will end up in the future, but as long as I know I will love what I do, I won't regret it.

Offline Pastychomper

« Reply #434 on: June 25, 2015, 04:35:00 AM »
Hi all!

I'm a mass spec jockey with a BSc in biochemistry and a background that includes big pharma, small farmer and various types of radioactivity.  My career has been mostly about separation and analysis so far, with several years of pharmacokinetics thrown in for good measure. 

Aside from that I'm interested in ecology, theology, mountain walking, computers and SWMBO (not necessarily in that order ;) ).

Happy reacting :D

Sponsored Links