March 28, 2024, 03:30:43 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 615374 times)

Online Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #435 on: June 25, 2015, 05:30:12 AM »
Welcome to the forum!
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

FireflySci

« Reply #436 on: July 21, 2015, 12:35:38 PM »
Hi everyone my name is Simcha Woitovich.  I'm an optical engineer with over 10 years of laboratory experience.  Currently I work with FireflySci in manufacturing spectrophotometer cuvettes and NIST calibration standards.  Looking forward to sharing all my knowledge with the community!

Offline PoojaPadmakumar

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #437 on: October 08, 2015, 09:59:47 AM »
I am from India, doing my undergraduate course in Biotechnology and Bio-chemical engineering.

Offline SirReal

• Mole Snacks: +2/-0
« Reply #438 on: October 15, 2015, 09:21:23 PM »
Hello everyone,

I study chemistry at the University of Pittsburgh.  I am particularly interested in drug design, pharmaceuticals, and synthetic organic chemistry.  It is an honor to be among fellow scholars, thought I hold little weight in comparison to most of you guys :)

I am in my junior year.  Currently I am enrolled in Organic 1 and Organic lab 1.  The lab is my favorite part of the week, even though it is at 8AM.  I am considering trying to find some undergraduate research work over the summer or next year. 

I am 24 years old, male, and live on the east coast.  I am troubled by the pervasive problem that I cannot know enough about chemistry.  Every time I find out the answer to one of my questions, I am riddles with several more.  What is this fabric of reality that we study?  What is it composed of?  How is it possible for some dirt and metals to drastically change brain chemistry?  How does the human body function?  Questions, questions, QUESTIONS!  >:D

I look forward to learning more about chemistry and being able to consult you ladies and gentlemen for *delete me*

Offline mikasaur

• Mole Snacks: +27/-1
  • Chemist in training
« Reply #439 on: October 19, 2015, 04:39:34 PM »
Hello all,

I am a total chemistry newbie but I'm trying to learn more and more! I graduated with a degree in Engineering from Harvey Mudd College and have been doing business software consulting for the past 6 years.

I've grown to miss the physical sciences and have developed an interest in re-learning the chemistry I already knew and going beyond that. So far I've started by taking MIT's OpenCourseware course 5.111 Principles of Chemical Science. It's fantastic and I'm pacing myself as if I were in the actual class.

I'm hoping to learn a bit by osmosis here. I'd like to give h e l p as much possible and receive some in return. I look forward to interacting with you all!
Or you could, you know, Google it.

Offline missmendeleev

• Very New Member
« Reply #440 on: October 22, 2015, 08:30:34 AM »
Hello everyone.

I am a chemistry "nerd". Currently studying Grade 11 University Chemistry, and I live in Canada.

Offline electronpusher96

• Mole Snacks: +2/-0
« Reply #441 on: November 26, 2015, 06:09:26 PM »
Hello, new here.  I'm currently a lowly undergraduate studying chemistry.  Love to learn and do chemistry as much as possible!

Offline Doc.AElstein

« Reply #442 on: January 04, 2016, 07:11:48 AM »
Hi
  My name is Alan Elston. I was born in England in the early sixties. I studied Physics, but the memory is fading a bit from  what I learnt at University, as since moving to Germany sometime ago, I have had a break from all things “Scientific or Technical”. I came out of this “coma” abruptly a couple of years ago, needing to become a bit of an Nutrition and training “coach” to help my Wife with her necessary Diets.  I am having a bit of a difficult time coping with having to become an expert in many disciplines very quickly. Nutrition forums have not been too much help as i am forced into going into things in a bit more detail.  I am trying to make a computer controlled Nutrition protocol for my Wife. I read a lot of Biology and Organic Chemistry books, but I am hopelessly out of my depth.  I also had to get quite quickly to stand with programming, and have become fairly proficient with Excel VBA programming through some participation at ExcelForum and MrExcel Forum ( User name Doc.AElstein and DocAElstein )
 I hope i do not annoy the obviously high qualified people here by attempting to get some explanations capable of being understood by a layman like me.

Many Thanks in advance for any help.
Alan Elston
( Doc.AElstein )
Hof
Bavaria
Germany
Hello. I am an ex Practical Physicist, who still reads Old Books and Old Articles. I only occasionally use a Computer. Please be kind to me.

Offline Hoguem715

• Coffee-fueled fusioneer
  • Very New Member
« Reply #443 on: January 24, 2016, 05:41:28 PM »
Good day to all!

I am initially from Pennsylvania where I was a citizen scientist working on various types of recycling, with countless hours spent with metallurgy (I'm a welder by trade!), radiochemistry, solvent extraction of radioactive materials from ores, experimenting with nuclear fusion via a fusor I had constructed and licensed, as well as various material behaviors in a radioactive environment.
  Since then I have moved to Connecticut to be with my lovely fiancée, and I am going to a community college for chemistry under the veteran's tuition waiver (proudly served for a couple of years as Army Ordnance), and intend to get into the state university for chemical engineering after I'm through with the community college.  I dream of going to MIT for nuclear or chemical engineering at the graduate level.  After all, MIT is about 30 minutes from me.

As you may imagine, coming from a radiochemistry background, community college is not very challenging, I am almost done with the semester and the semester hasn't even started yet.  So I have discussed with my professor becoming part of a group of like-minded individuals so I can be challenged. 

Online Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #444 on: January 25, 2016, 03:17:13 AM »
Welcome to the forum!
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline tterragx

• Very New Member
« Reply #445 on: March 18, 2016, 02:08:34 AM »
Hi All,

I'm from the Philippines. I am currently working in the research and development department of a local company that focuses of green chemistry.

Offline mikasaur

• Chemist in training
« Reply #446 on: March 18, 2016, 02:10:02 AM »
Welcome tterragx!

Offline CY231

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
« Reply #447 on: April 10, 2016, 09:40:42 PM »
Hello all,

I am a new prof. at a small college. I teach organic chemistry and do some research. My background is in computational chemistry, but I am transitioning to synthetic organic chemistry. This is not very simple, since I am the only organic instructor at the university, and therefore, I am figuring this out on my own. Sometimes I feel that I may as well be in a basement at home. I do have some rudimentary equipment, and most spectroscopic equipment, at my disposal. I am enjoying the fun and frustration that synthesis can bring and appreciate your patience while I learn new techniques.

Offline mikasaur

• Chemist in training
« Reply #448 on: April 11, 2016, 01:37:08 PM »
Welcome! Great to have you.

Offline maverick1996

• Mole Snacks: +5/-0
  • 1st Year Chemistry student
« Reply #449 on: April 18, 2016, 01:14:41 PM »
Hey guys!!

Kinda new here and in my first year studying Chemistry at Oxford :)

Sponsored Links