March 15, 2024, 01:17:56 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 614356 times)

Offline Hilary St Peter

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #480 on: November 23, 2019, 07:39:37 PM »
Hi, everyone! I'm an academic researcher studying how people read and write technical communication (such as manuals and how-to instructions) outside of a workplace setting. I'm here to learn more about citizen chemistry. I'm also a tenured professor, amateur recorder player, and very slow runner. I live in Chicago, IL with my husband (who is a researcher and librarian) and our cat, Houdini. 

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +526/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
« Reply #481 on: November 25, 2019, 11:45:29 AM »
Welcome! I live in Chicago, too, so that's your random fact for the day.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Offline Hilary St Peter

« Reply #482 on: December 03, 2019, 01:04:23 PM »
I'm the principal investigator on a research study that includes citizen scientists and home chemists. I'd like to make a post in Citizen Chemistry inviting people to participate in a brief, voluntary and confidential research interview. But whether an online forum is open to inquiries from researchers can be pretty variable, and I don't want to intrude on what some folks might see as a private space. 

Could someone offer me some guidance about this, even if it's to tell me not to post? I would have contacted the moderator but I don't have messaging permissions as a new member. 

Offline Hilary St Peter

« Reply #483 on: December 03, 2019, 01:06:07 PM »
Also, hi, Corribus, from just across the city border! I live in Oak Park. 

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #484 on: December 03, 2019, 02:23:35 PM »
I'm the principal investigator on a research study that includes citizen scientists and home chemists. I'd like to make a post in Citizen Chemistry inviting people to participate in a brief, voluntary and confidential research interview. But whether an online forum is open to inquiries from researchers can be pretty variable, and I don't want to intrude on what some folks might see as a private space. 

Could someone offer me some guidance about this, even if it's to tell me not to post? I would have contacted the moderator but I don't have messaging permissions as a new member.

Fire away. I have no problems with people understanding netiquette says "ask first" :)
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Meter

• Mole Snacks: +14/-3
  • Take what I say with a grain of salt
« Reply #485 on: April 20, 2020, 04:50:32 PM »
Hello everyone.

I am a to-be undergraduate chemistry student starting fall this year. My current goal is to solidify my chemistry foundation so I will perform well as an undergraduate. I joined this site to have an outlet for contacting experienced chemists or chemistry students for when I am in a rut, and hopefully one day I will be the one helping. I to either pursue medicinal chemistry or a career in energy technology.

My interests include reading, writing and music.

Meter

Offline kaanttlc

« Reply #486 on: May 27, 2020, 11:38:27 AM »
Hi everyone :)

My name is Kaan. I am 22 years old. I'm from Turkey and I study at Trakya University, and I am a chemistry student.
Currently living at the Istanbul w/my family because of the coronavirus, I hope everybody is safe. Glad to meet you guys. #stayhome

Offline Marko

« Reply #487 on: June 25, 2020, 08:30:06 AM »
Hi all,

My name is Marko. Currently employed in the chemical industry.

I have a background in organic chemistry, polymer chemistry and materials science. Heavy user of NMR throughout my career. So I guess and hope I can be of help in a topic or two.

Marko

Offline biofm

« Reply #488 on: September 04, 2020, 10:14:30 PM »
Chengy here! I'm a Synthetic Chemist by training. I designed coordination chemistry ligands, tuned them to drive specific stimuli response for their coordination complexes and used the complexes to fabricate light harvesting, display, electronic devices, etc. After graduating, I used my materials design knowledge in crafting printed electronic materials, energy harvesting, etc. I'm currently transitioning back to my synthetic routes, this time specializing in extracting useful industrial materials from prematurely wasted materials. I'm doing all of this in my capacity as the Principal Scientist at BioFuran Materials LLC.

Offline zanarota

« Reply #489 on: November 20, 2020, 01:27:20 AM »
I'm Mauricio, I'm a designer, I'm not a chemist.
I'm creating new eco friendly materials and I need some help.

Offline Gustaff

• Very New Member
« Reply #490 on: December 09, 2020, 09:00:16 AM »
Good day,

Im Gustavo, Chemical engineer working as a project engineer in a minning company from Chile, joined today because im the only chemist in the company and sometimes i have some questions to make about my field of work.

Also lets see if i can learn something new here.

Regards.

pVa643

« Reply #491 on: December 25, 2020, 05:48:45 PM »
Hello my name is Patrick I'm an mental disabled persons, and have been diagnosed with schizophrenia for the past four, say five years. During my episodes I would have night terror's followed by a debate with my spirituality and my faith would be in question, to conversation's with one's self. I have since then began pursuing DMT and psilocybin as to be in touch with the dreaming side of thing's. The doctor's have me prescribed the usual but I am pursuing drastic measures as to my health. would anyone here be able to tell me where to start? Merry Christmas!

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #492 on: December 26, 2020, 04:12:53 AM »
Hello my name is Patrick I'm an mental disabled persons, and have been diagnosed with schizophrenia for the past four, say five years. During my episodes I would have night terror's followed by a debate with my spirituality and my faith would be in question, to conversation's with one's self. I have since then began pursuing DMT and psilocybin as to be in touch with the dreaming side of thing's. The doctor's have me prescribed the usual but I am pursuing drastic measures as to my health. would anyone here be able to tell me where to start? Merry Christmas!

Please read the forum rules, we strictly forbid advice on preparing drugs of any kind, also we don't give medical advice.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Hermoine Lovegood

• Very New Member
« Reply #493 on: June 13, 2021, 07:21:18 AM »
Hi,

I'm Willianne, I'm 17 years old from the Netherlands. I'm selftought, I just got basic chemistry at school. Its just a hobby, but I got a bit carried away.

Ben Klesc

« Reply #494 on: July 26, 2021, 07:53:00 PM »
Just getting back to this forum again after a long hiatus.

During the pandemic switched careers. Going back to college for nuclear engineering.

I'm sure I am in for a real ride. Hello everyone!

Sponsored Links