March 28, 2024, 10:44:51 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 615340 times)

chazmgu

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2006, 09:01:15 AM »
Hey everyone
im charlotte
i live in leeds
and am doin chemistry at a level in my first year as well as psychology english and IT how ya all doin ??
lv ya  :-*
xoxoxoxoxox

liangduoqian

« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2006, 06:57:44 PM »
I am a Ph.D candidate of Kunming University of Science and Technology in China. I major in nonferrous metallurgy. I hope to get to know many friends around the world. Don't hesitate to contact me. My Email address is: liangduoqiang@yahoo.com.cn

Offline tamim83

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +67/-7
  • Quantum Kitten
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2006, 07:38:50 PM »
Hi, I am a grad student at the University of Pittsburgh.  I am studying physical chemistry next year as a PH.D canidate.  I am studying science education now.  Happy to be here ;D

bratcliff

« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2006, 05:06:03 PM »
I am absolutely lost!!
I am really trying hard to understand Chemistry but, I am feeling more and more that I simply do not have the aptitude for it.  It is not required in my degree plan but, I was determined not to take electives that I viewed as easy A's, I actually want to learn.  I work full-time, am a foster parent and wife of a workaholic so, I wanted to get what I paid for out of my education.  Now, I just want to get through Chemistry!!! :-\

SOS - I am drowning here!!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 05:08:02 PM by bratcliff »

KD00LS

« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2006, 04:32:41 PM »
How's everyone doing? My name is Kyle, and I'm currently enrolled at Shippensburg University in Pennsylvania, first year Chem Major. I'm in the pre-pharmacy  program, and I hope to transfer to Rutgers New Brunswick next year, then on to their pharmacy graduate school. It's pretty tough right now, but to tell the truth I don't put too much effort into it. Next year I really plan to buckle down and learn the material, not just pass the course. That's why I decided to join the site. Nice to meet you all.

Offline rctrackstar2007

• Mole Snacks: +18/-40
  • I need scoobie snacks and a 5 on the test!
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2006, 05:35:10 PM »
My name is Trevor and i'm a chem student from colorado

i hope to go into engineering at the colorado school of mines

preferably chemical engineering, but we'll see

not gonna lie either, this site is better than myspace
AP Chemistry Squad Member [002]

The world is like an atom. The not-quite-as-intelligent people are the nucleus all packed together sharing a common...everything. We, we are the electrons. Granted we're not as smart as these engineers and what-not so we're most likely in the first orbital, but we're the electrons of this giant atom. We all have differing intelligences and ideas and we are separated from the nucleus which makes us better because no one really cares about how a nucleus acts. It's the electrons that make chemistry, except for nuclear chem, of course, which I am a big fan of.

-Your's truly, 2006;
  written to describe the HS chem student apart from the average being

Offline victor

• Mole Snacks: +2/-0
  • I'm a cat!
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2006, 11:17:29 AM »
Hi there, Ma'name's Victor. Now I'm an undergraduate student in Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia (said to be the country of terrorists.. ;D). Actually I'm under Biology faculty but I really fall in love with chemistry (especially organic chemistry). Sometimes, it pass in my mind that I wanna move to chemistry study program, but I still loyal with my old one.. ;D
I plan to master biochemistry (from chemistry side) and microbiology (from biology side).
I hope I can continue my study into IMUS (Institut fuer Mikrobiologie Universitaet Stuttgart) or ITB (Institut fuer Technik Biochemie) in Universitaet Stuttgart also.. :)

Offline syko sykes

• Mole Snacks: +12/-10
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2006, 11:27:24 PM »
My name is Trevor and i'm a chem student from colorado

i hope to go into engineering at the colorado school of mines

preferably chemical engineering, but we'll see

not gonna lie either, this site is better than myspace
change the name to sykes and that's basically me as well...

I'm looking for a school such as CalTech or Harvey Mudd for chemical engineering but i haven't really decided yet

and of course, myspace has nothing on this site
AP Chemistry Squad Member [V]

Offline silkworm

• Mole Snacks: +2/-1
  • "Silly debating truth, dangerous not to tell it"
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2006, 09:30:01 PM »
Hello.

I'm an undergrad in chemistry at Wichita State. I'm 25 and didn't know what science was for until I was 22. I've been obsessed ever since. I've had a lot of catching up to do.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 09:33:33 PM by silkworm »

Offline Will

• Organic Dude
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +58/-2
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2006, 09:25:32 PM »
University education isn't purely about attending the best university. Get to know the local geography and travel the world.

Yeah, I've been stuck in London all my life, I got an ABB offer (expecting AAB @ A-Level) from Imperial College for the MSci Chemistry program, but I've decided to go to the University of Toronto instead. Their chemistry department may not be as good there, but the people there are friendlier, and some people in London now are so rude and violent! Also, so many other things are better in Canada; standard of living, chinese food, lack of racism, prices, male:female ratio ;D, the list goes on and on! Less than two weeks of school left, and the next lesson I have will be this September in Toronto ;D!

Offline mrdeadman

• Mole Snacks: +23/-39
  • I got a 5. Hooray!
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2006, 09:42:35 PM »
That would be pretty sweet if I could ease my parents into the idea of me being overseas.
Girls like foreigners right?
psssh, american girls are pretty foxy.
AP Chemistry Squad Member [001]

Offline jennielynn_1980

• Mole Snacks: +8/-4
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2006, 03:18:23 PM »
Hi all!

I have been visiting your forum for about a week now and it is fantastic! 
My name is Jenn and I live in Toronto Ontario Canada.  I have never in my life taken chemistry until now.  I am now doing a 12th grade advanced chem course by correspondence and I am struggling with it but enjoying the difficulty at the same time! 

Offline Equi

• chef de cuisine
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +20/-11
  • Und nach mir die Sintflut
    • miketionary
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2006, 04:28:02 PM »
Oh! Imperial owns the entire row now, so it's no longer just a guest house. It has been converted into the new Imperial Sport Centre which opened early this year. LOL. We are the only university in London that offers free-of-charge use to students and staff. Facilities include a climbing wall, exercise studio, 25m deck-level swimming pool,  sauna/steam room and spa, 5 badminton court, a Sports hall, Fitness Gym, three squash courts, 2 indoor basket ball court, Sports Injury treatment rooms, Massage Capsule and Spacious reception area with cafe bar

I go for sauna and steam every 2 days, and swim once a week (as an attempt to slim down). LOL.

Dammit, I should come an visit you... UCL halls sucked in first year. At least we have more girls :P
I'm not suffering from a mental disease - I'm enjoying it.
miketionary

Offline Unsichtbar

• Engineering Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +1/-0
  • MSc ChEng student @ Univ. of Rio G. do Sul
    • [EngQmc.CjB.NeT]
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2006, 04:49:08 PM »
Hey guys...

My name's Rodolfo I'm 23 years old.  8)
I'm a Master degree student in Chemical Engineering in UFRGS (Rio Grande do Sul State University) from Brazil (I think I'm a sole Latin-American user)... My project's about gasification of tannery waste I work with the simulation of a gasifier reactor.

About girls... Actually I'm a fortunate boy 'cause I live in a paradise. The Brazilian girls are very beautiful...

[]'s

(Sorry my poor English...  ::) )

Offline edimerz

• Mole Snacks: +1/-6
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2006, 10:39:32 PM »
Edimerz --> Michael, Indian, BSc in Biosciences, MSc in Biotechnology, joined forum to discuss chem as bio forum is boring, not very good at chem!, interests include everything except religion and politics.

Studying towards a PhD in Cell Signaling.

Regards,
Michael.

NB: When I read about the 'inside' stuff in a cell - I get a feeling of amazement, respect and duty towards millions of years of evolution. Does anyone have similar patterns in mind?

Sponsored Links