April 19, 2024, 05:23:31 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: (Canada)Looking for a surficant that is bleach safe  (Read 2965 times)

Offline Showstopper

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
(Canada)Looking for a surficant that is bleach safe
« on: April 22, 2016, 11:53:53 AM »
Hello Forum 😄

I live in Alberta and am I  search for a surficant that is bleach stable. What we are looking to do is what's called softwashing.

We use  low pressure water with sodium hypochlorite and are looking for a surficant that is available in canada, Alberta preferred.

We use a combination of 20% sodium hypochlorite and 80% water for siding and stucco on homes to clean them without scrubbing or the use of ladders.
This mix is 50/50 for roofs as my understanding.

We have tried dawn dishwasher detergent as a surficant but this does not bond to the dirt. There are products like Roofsnot and Clingon out on the market but I have only found these in the states and ordering them to canada is not cost effective at all.

I do not have a vast knowledge when it comes to chemistry, I have many years experience and use with hypochlorite(chlorine) and do not want to create any toxic fumes so I thought I would come here for some help.

We also need to add or make a scenting agent that is bleach safe to somewhat cover up or mask the chlorine smell.

Thank you for your time and I hope I have posted in the right place.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: (Canada)Looking for a surficant that is bleach safe
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 08:15:18 AM »
A quick Google suggests that Gain clothing soap is an adequate replacement.  http://pressurewashingresource.com/t/gain-instead-of-roof-snot-or-cling-on/4157
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Showstopper

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: (Canada)Looking for a surficant that is bleach safe
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 01:40:59 PM »
A quick Google suggests that Gain clothing soap is an adequate replacement.  http://pressurewashingresource.com/t/gain-instead-of-roof-snot-or-cling-on/4157
we have read about this and have tried a variety of soaps, we will try this aswell and see if it works

. Thank you for your reply.

Sponsored Links