April 24, 2024, 01:51:12 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: End of Year Lab  (Read 4600 times)

Knoton

End of Year Lab
« on: May 12, 2006, 09:15:04 AM »
I just took the AP Chemistry test and now my teacher is having me find a lab to use as an end of year lab. I am looking for a challenging, interesting(maybe something that isn't usually covered in AP Chem) lab that can be done using high school equipment and completed in about an hour and a half. Any ideas on a specific lab, a particular topic, or where I should look for a lab would be greatly appreciated.

Offline rcflyingboy

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: End of Year Lab
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 03:12:05 PM »
Right now we have been doing an analysis of metal ions in solution.  Its pretty fun and really improves how you work in lab.  We each started with a known general sample with all ions in solution to be able to identify positive tests then we recieved an unknow to test for a grade. It might be something to look into but i dont know if it would fit into your time restriction unless you just wanted to do part of it. Best of luck with the exam though took it myself.

Knoton

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 04:18:34 PM »
Well I think I've picked out a lab check it out here:http://faculty.coloradomtn.edu/jeschofnig/drowned.htm
If anyone knows exactly what the reaction that takes place that would be helpful. Also, I did take the test, just this past Wendsday. I am really hoping for a 5 definitely got a 4 though.

Offline tennis freak

• Mole Snacks: +10/-9
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 10:10:19 PM »
I am really hoping for a 5 definitely got a 4 though.

really? you thought it was that easy to eh? although i am hoping for a four because i bet you i made some really dumb mistakes :-[
AP Chemistry Squad Member [004]

Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the titanic!

Offline mike

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 10:58:41 PM »
That experiment may take longer than 1.5 hours. They suggest 2 hours, do you need to set it all up yourself on top of this?
There is no science without fancy, and no art without facts.

Sponsored Links