March 28, 2024, 07:30:59 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: About Review Article---Author's reputation effect, if any???  (Read 2714 times)

Offline kamiyu

• Mole Snacks: +8/-7
Hi guy, I need some opinions from experienced people, like yourself.

I have been writing a review article which is close to finish. I would like to target Chem. Rev. or other prestigious journals.

Do you think the academic reputation of the authors will affect the odd of going into the journal? I think my review is pretty nicely written.

thanks

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +526/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
Re: About Review Article---Author's reputation effect, if any???
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 11:47:11 AM »
No I don't think your "reputation" matters. However most journals do published short reviews, so you may also consider a journal targeted to your intended subject area. Most journals require that you discuss with the editor your proposed topic before submitting a review, however. So you can send a short letter to the editor discussing your proposed topic, including a short summary of what you will cover and a justification for why it is important and why it should be featured in the journal.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Offline kamiyu

• Mole Snacks: +8/-7
Re: About Review Article---Author's reputation effect, if any???
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 11:53:57 AM »
Hi Corribus

Thanks for your reply!! It is reassuring and very helpful!

Have a nice day!!

Sponsored Links