April 24, 2024, 01:54:47 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: PhD position interview  (Read 2497 times)

Offline kriggy

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +136/-16
PhD position interview
« on: May 14, 2016, 11:40:55 AM »
Hi guys, as part of admission procces into Ph.D program at our uni, I´ll be having an interview with commision. I think it will be part general organic chemistry questions and part about my research project. I suppose some of you were in similar position when you were staring your Ph.D so Im wondering, how deep knowledge of your project you had before you actualy started?
I mean I will read something for sure but since Im not in the middle of revising for finals and preparing my thesis defense so I wont have much time to read papers regarding my project. I think I have good chance to get accepted anyway since 2 PhDs are finishing this year, one left few months ago and in last year they accepted everyone but I dont want to take chances..

Offline jeffmoonchop

• Mole Snacks: +37/-5
Re: PhD position interview
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 08:12:24 AM »
I got quite a few hard questions specific to my project but still got the position. It helped that I knew the supervisor previously. It'll depend on the interviewer, how competitive the position is and which uni it is. Read as much as you can but remember you will know a hell of a lot more about your project once you're done than when you started and the interviewer should understand that.

Sponsored Links