April 19, 2024, 08:00:52 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: american chemistry society exam  (Read 9745 times)

halthedog

american chemistry society exam
« on: May 12, 2006, 11:19:31 AM »
Hi:

I am taking the american chemistry society general chem exam this coming monday.
I have the review book the ACS produces and have been using it as my primary tool to prepare for the exam.

Questions:
1.  Are there any other materials specifically geared towards the ACS gen exam prep? 
2.  What does doing well on the ACS chem exam actually translate to?  Is there a ceretification?  Is it essentially meaningless.

This is my first semester gen chem at umass boston -we did not cover all the material taht the exam encompasses in the course and yet we have to take the full exam. 

Any tips helpful advice from people who have taken the course in the past.

Thank you.

Offline Kenichi

• Mole Snacks: +6/-2
Re: american chemistry society exam
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 09:51:45 PM »
Hmm... As much as I used this site to get through Gen chem. I didn't bother asking for help on the ACS exam I took today. Kinda wished I had. I had no idea what to expect when I walked in today. Wasn't too bad however.  For me the ACS exam will help colleges decide if they will accept my class as credit when I go to college.  They can rank my score against what their students get and see if my class was as tough as theirs.  I imagine it would help serve that purpose if you were to transfer from UMass Boston.
Honor is what you know of yourself. Reputation is what others think they know about you. Live by honor and let your reputation lie where it may. And outlive the bastards.

One day I will rule the world with my army of a mole of moles!

Sponsored Links