March 29, 2024, 06:16:38 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Annoying question  (Read 3285 times)

ShaunD

Annoying question
« on: July 14, 2016, 08:16:10 AM »
Hi guys, need a few answer for a chemistry assingment I'm having trouble on.

I need to know how many C02 molecules are produced during;
Glycolysis
Krebs cycle
Electron transport train
Oxidative phosphorylation

I also need to find out how many ATP molecules are used and how many are produced by thoes same 4 processes I mentioned above.

Hope you guys can help.

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +555/-93
Re: Annoying question
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 08:27:59 AM »
Simply look at your biochemistry texbook or wikipedia.
AWK

ShaunD

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 08:34:22 AM »
I would love to have that opportunity, unfortunately I'm not a library and do not have access to biochemistry textbooks!
And wikipedia is not providing exact numbers or anything that allows me to calculate any exact numbers.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 08:48:09 AM by ShaunD »

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 10:12:23 AM »
You are lazy and lier. The first two links in google to wikipedia (citric acid cyle and Krebs cycle) show the same biochemical scheme that contain aswer for this question.. For other your questions - the same.
For biochemistry and chemistry problems English Wikipedia is the good equivalent to reputed textbooks.

http://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?topic=65859.0
AWK

ShaunD

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 11:11:32 AM »
Liar* Please spell properly if you're going to insult me.

Yes, I have found the values for glycolysis and the Krebs cycle, however my good sir this is only half of my question.

If you were less lazy and took more time to read my question you will clearly see that I need the values for oxidative phosphorylation and the electron transport train. 

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 11:13:22 AM »
Did you count up 2 or 0.

What do you men under
Electron transport train
AWK

ShaunD

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 11:21:19 AM »
Don't worry I the information by my self. I'm not asking you to DO the work for me. I'm merely asking you to help me find the means to calculate the specific information.

I'm not trying to start arguments but I do not appreciate being called lazy and a lair. I find that what you said what very petty and asinine. I hope you will take a less uncouth approach when talking to newcomers to this website because what I am seeing from a moderator is not impressing me.

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 11:26:00 AM »
Just open Wikipedia: glycolysis. Look at the beginning and the end of scheme. At the beginning you can see 6 carbon, at the end 2x3carbon. How many molecules of CO2 evolved?
And so on for other questions.
AWK

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 06:08:13 PM »
I see no reason to continue this thread as is.  ShaunD: kindly trouble yourself to read the Forum Rules{click}, you agreed to them when you signed up, and they apply to you whether you like them or not.  No one on these boards will ever:

Read a book for you

Define a term you can look up

Count or do arithmetic for you.

If they do, we'll ban them, as well as the original poster.  This is work you must do, other work you want to do later, doesn't absolve you of these simple tasks.

If you were less lazy and took more time to read my question you will clearly see that I need the values for oxidative phosphorylation and the electron transport train. 

This question, right here, is more complicated than you believe, and a simple reference will not help.  Please do some reading on this topic, and get back to us with a better thought out question.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 06:48:41 PM by Arkcon »
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links