Be aware that the stuff likes to attack the caps of containers you might store it in, turning them black.
My personal MO when dealing with the stuff is normally:
1 - Work outside. (My version of a fume hood).
2 - I keep a decent sized tub of water, with a convenient weak base (e.g. NaHCO3) dissolved in it, to rinse off any spills on my gloves or whatever, and for neutralizing glassware that has acid residue on it. (I.e., maybe I pour acid from my stock bottle into a beaker, then pour that into some other vessel. The beaker then goes into said bath.) Also can be used for diluting any extra leftover acid.
3 - I wear Bluette gloves, which are thick latex (I think) gloves from the hardware store. (Much thicker than normal 'kitchen dishwashing' gloves.)
4 - I wear, in addition to safety glasses, a 'face shield' on top of that, for extra splash protection.
For esterfication, you don't need to use very much, just a few drops. For cases like this, it is handy to transfer some of the acid into a much smaller vial, and work from that. I'll handle vials with a few mL of acid inside, since the amount is small enough that it can't cause TOO much trouble. I then use a medicine dropper (aka pipette) to transfer the four or so drops of acid to a test tube, then rinse the dropper in a neutralization bath.
One impressive demonstration of the dehydrating power of conc H2SO4 is the following:
(More dangerous than esterfication, but definitely worth trying)
Add around 20 g of concentrated H2SO4 to around 55 mL of sucrose (table sugar). Stir a bit, and wait.
For a few seconds, nothing much happens, but then lots of stinky and hot fumes start coming off, and then the sugar is turned into a foamy mass of black carbon, which rises up out of the beaker. What has happened, is the H2SO4 ripped water out of the sugar structure, leaving only carbon behind.
After seeing this, consider that the stuff will try and do the same thing to your hands if you spill it on them.