March 28, 2024, 05:15:42 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Not such a good use of chemicals  (Read 12140 times)

Offline mike

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
Not such a good use of chemicals
« on: May 18, 2006, 08:37:19 PM »
'Rotten egg' odour fills plane

Victorian and federal police are investigating an incident on a Virgin Blue plane at Melbourne Airport in which strong gas was released in the main cabin.

The flight from Hobart was descending at 8:00pm AEST last night when an offensive smell filled the cabin.

Passengers left the plane without incident.

Detectives say a broken glass vial containing a clear liquid was found inside the plane and was giving off a "rotten egg" smell.

A police spokeswoman says charges are expected to be laid.

Virgin Blue spokeswoman Amanda Bolger says playing pranks onboard planes is unacceptable.

"It was identified as a stink capsule and it was nothing but a silly prank and we've all got a great sense of humour at Virgin Blue but obviously anything that upsets our guests really does get up our nose," she said.

reference: http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200605/s1642162.htm
There is no science without fancy, and no art without facts.

Offline mrdeadman

• Mole Snacks: +23/-39
  • I got a 5. Hooray!
Re: Not such a good use of chemicals
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 08:53:49 AM »
i hate idiots.  >:(
AP Chemistry Squad Member [001]

Offline rctrackstar2007

• Mole Snacks: +18/-40
  • I need scoobie snacks and a 5 on the test!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 10:55:22 AM »
do these people realize it isa confined space and people have places to go?? they make me wanna  :-X
AP Chemistry Squad Member [002]

The world is like an atom. The not-quite-as-intelligent people are the nucleus all packed together sharing a common...everything. We, we are the electrons. Granted we're not as smart as these engineers and what-not so we're most likely in the first orbital, but we're the electrons of this giant atom. We all have differing intelligences and ideas and we are separated from the nucleus which makes us better because no one really cares about how a nucleus acts. It's the electrons that make chemistry, except for nuclear chem, of course, which I am a big fan of.

-Your's truly, 2006;
  written to describe the HS chem student apart from the average being

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-45
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 03:49:44 PM »
Stink bomb + plane = retard and a lot of pissed off people.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

Offline Kenichi

• Mole Snacks: +6/-2
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 05:31:28 PM »
Ya know, I never thought to do that.  But with everyone being paranoid today about terrorists they would probably ground a plane when some "unknown chemicals" were exposed.  People freak out nowadays about the "bad chemicals".  Everywhere I go they read food labels and assume anything with a name that they don't know they automatically freak thinking it's poison.
Honor is what you know of yourself. Reputation is what others think they know about you. Live by honor and let your reputation lie where it may. And outlive the bastards.

One day I will rule the world with my army of a mole of moles!

Offline mike

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 08:19:32 PM »
Yeah, I reckon in this day and age they were lucky the other passengers didn't pound on them a little :P
There is no science without fancy, and no art without facts.

Offline tennis freak

• Mole Snacks: +10/-9
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 09:25:14 PM »
dude, not to sound harsh, but i totally would have pounded the guy that let that off. i mean that would have totally ruined the entire flight >:(
AP Chemistry Squad Member [004]

Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the titanic!

Offline Kenichi

• Mole Snacks: +6/-2
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2006, 08:42:44 AM »
I agree Tennis.  I would not find it funny if my flight was grounded/rescheduled for later, especially if I had to catch another flight afterwards.  But the stupidity of people is something to laugh at.
Honor is what you know of yourself. Reputation is what others think they know about you. Live by honor and let your reputation lie where it may. And outlive the bastards.

One day I will rule the world with my army of a mole of moles!

Online billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 12:39:01 PM »
Was it a prank or a warning? These are difficult times.

Offline rctrackstar2007

• Mole Snacks: +18/-40
  • I need scoobie snacks and a 5 on the test!
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2006, 01:33:45 PM »
Was it a prank or a warning? These are difficult times.

i'm pretty sure it was a prank, people scream and cry to warn people cuz no one can stay calm on an airplane anymore
AP Chemistry Squad Member [002]

The world is like an atom. The not-quite-as-intelligent people are the nucleus all packed together sharing a common...everything. We, we are the electrons. Granted we're not as smart as these engineers and what-not so we're most likely in the first orbital, but we're the electrons of this giant atom. We all have differing intelligences and ideas and we are separated from the nucleus which makes us better because no one really cares about how a nucleus acts. It's the electrons that make chemistry, except for nuclear chem, of course, which I am a big fan of.

-Your's truly, 2006;
  written to describe the HS chem student apart from the average being

Offline tennis freak

• Mole Snacks: +10/-9
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2006, 02:06:46 PM »
i agree if it were a warning then things would have been much more chaotic, so most likely this was a prank by some moron
AP Chemistry Squad Member [004]

Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the titanic!

Sponsored Links