April 24, 2024, 02:01:25 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Whoa!  (Read 2600 times)

Offline kevin_lofgren

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Whoa!
« on: August 04, 2016, 01:24:12 PM »
This seemed to be the most appropiate place to put this. I'm just starting in a university coming from a community college and I have always had something like a Chem class, physics, math and some general ed. I have completed all my lower division coursework and I was getting my class schedule and I'm still trying to process it. I'm a Chemistry major and I will be taking Physical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry and Organic Lab. We run on the quarter system and my question to you guys, the ones who have done this stuff unlike the counselors at my school, what is the deal?? How was it for you guys?  The oNly thing I have to compare it to is the Physics courses at my CC. You can take three at once after completing Mechanics of Solids. Almost no one can pass all three, which is why you spread them out. That's how I thought these upper division courses would be. Thanks for any advice.

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
Re: Whoa!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 01:37:26 PM »
It's doable if you aren't working on the side or doing extracurriculars. If that is not the case, I'd consider swapping out a science course for a soft elective.
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Sponsored Links