March 29, 2024, 05:48:00 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Need Help on Lab Report Problem  (Read 1225 times)

Offline YuliaSnow

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Need Help on Lab Report Problem
« on: October 17, 2016, 08:17:57 AM »
So I did a lab and during the end of the lab experiment and after I looked at the data, I am very certain my partner, who wasn't well prepared messed up. During one part of the experiment, two tubes needed to be put into a centrifuge, one containing water and one containing our solution. I strongly believe she forgot which tube was which and ended up taking a 50/50, giving me water to do the rest of the experiment with instead of our solution.

How do I say this in a lab report. I am not really sure what to do in this scenario since I expect my partner to be able to not mess something this simple up and I don't know how to say this without making it sound unprofessional.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.  :-\

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Need Help on Lab Report Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 12:24:00 PM »
If you're positive that the result you got came from using a tube of water, then you can write "sample lost".  That is clear and professional.  If there's something else wrong, and you just think that's what happened, you should hedge that conclusion.  If it was your experiment, and not a class, you could have tried again.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links