March 28, 2024, 07:51:05 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Cleaned tobaco  (Read 25229 times)

Limpet Chicken

Re:Cleaned tobaco
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2004, 07:01:30 PM »
Depends which isotope, 209Po has a half life of 102 years, and as far as I can remember, it is 210Po that has a half life of 138.38 days.

Interestingly enough, 210Po can be prepared by zapping natural 209Bi with neutrons, and distilled off the target, I wouldn't bee surprised if it could bee done chemically too, this might make for an interesting experiment actually ;D

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2004, 10:38:40 PM »
I'd really like to see someone come up with a chemical reaction that can generate free neutrons.  Don't think it's all that easy/possible.  Also, Polonium-208 does not occur in nature.  It is a man-made isotope of Polonium which is generated in nuclear research labs.
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2004, 12:34:57 AM »
You can't make it via "traditional chemical" mean since most of Chemistry only deals with valence electrons
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Limpet Chicken

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2004, 12:39:38 AM »
I wasn't thinking of a chemical reaction, more of a side thought for an experiment I could do, using Ra or U with Be to build a "neutron gun" and irradiation of a Bi plate that way, or maybe prepare finely powdered Bi via a metathesis reaction and irradiate that under nitrogen or argon so as to have an increased surface area for irradiation.

Not that I know of any experiments to do with polonium that wouldn't be rather dodgy.
All I can think of is creating the Po analogues of some of the 2-C series of phenylethylamines mentioned in PIHKAL and testing them on a willing, but terminally ill volunteer. (a long standing curiosity of mine, along with with using a dying volunteer to test the halogenated amphetamine DOAt on, they would die for sure, but if they were terminally ill, and agreed it would make for a very interesting experiment)

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2004, 08:27:26 AM »
Note to self:  Stay away from Limpet.   ;) :P ;D
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Limpet Chicken

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2004, 09:54:42 AM »
ROFLMFAO Jdurg! I read that, and I was in absolute hysterics!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jesus christ! that made me laugh ;D

And A.Shulgin, while in PIHKAL discussed briefly, the idea of some of the 2-C's from sulfur through to tellurium, just touched on the subject of 2-C-Po, he did not, as far as I can tell, consider the possibility of the astatine analogue to the DO series. (DOF [not yet bioassayed], DOC, DOB and DOI)

I would really like the opportunity to study their effects in a dying terminally ill patient, I wouldn't bee surprised if it was pretty easy to find at least a few patients to test such At and Po analogues of the PIHKAL and TIHKAL tryptamines and phenylethylamines.

It would make for quite the interesting experiment I think, although I very much bee-lieve it would have to bee carried out under clandestine conditions due to the impossibility of getting couch..stasi..cough..GOVERNMENT approval and funding for that kind of experiment :(

GaryJJ

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2004, 02:21:37 PM »
In theory, the small would be caused by an aromatic oil of some sort no doubt, but the only way practically to extract all the crap would be with solvent extractions so its not really possible to clean it, and then you would be left with plain old leaves LOL

Then can I extract that nasty cigar smells?

Does all that shiet that we smoke, gets out from us, or it is buried in us forever?

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2004, 05:03:16 PM »
Does all that shiet that we smoke, gets out from us, or it is buried in us forever?

Since your mass doesn't increase with every cigarette, breath whatever you inhale, I would say it leaves your system.
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

GaryJJ

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2004, 08:31:19 AM »
Then can I extract that nasty cigar smells?

Is it possible?

ballhog128

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2005, 04:42:22 PM »
cigars smell great... i dunno about you guys, but those smell wicked good

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2005, 11:22:45 AM »
Wow, I had completely forgotten about this thread.  It's one of the rare examples of a clean, scientific discussion of the dark side of society.  (drugs and cigarettes).  It's rare to find these on the web without them turning absolutely stupid.  As for the smell of cigars, I don't mind the smell of a good cigar.  It's the cheap, crappy cigars that absolutely reek.  Then again, what smells good to someone might smell horrendous to someone else.  I personally don't mind the odor of skunk musk, but many people can't stand it.  (Kind of strange since I can't tolerate the odor of bromine which is kind of like a mixture of bleach and skunk-musk).

Sponsored Links