April 25, 2024, 04:31:15 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Need Help with my Chemistry lab, this class is not my strong suite.  (Read 1922 times)

Offline StudentInNeed

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hello everyone! Hopefully all of my fellow Americans have been enjoying a nice Thanksgiving break, and well.. everyone else... I hope you have been having a great week!

Anyway, I need some major help with my Chemistry lab. Essentially we did the lab in school, and we had to answer questions about it for homework over break. If anyone could help me with the worksheet that would be great. I have answered all that I can, but I am flat out clueless on everything else. Thanks.

My worksheet: https://no_way/wBO8JY

I need to complete pages 5 and 6.

My answers so far have only been on page 5 (and its the data I received from the lab.)
Answers:
Concentration of Sodium Hydroxide: 0.10NaOH
Initial Buret Volume: 0
Final Buret Volume: 27.5
Volume of Base (mL): 27.5
Volume of Base (L): )0.0275
Moles of Base: 0.00175

That's all I got, if anyone could help and explain this stuff to me that would be awesome. Chemistry is not my strong suit.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Need Help with my Chemistry lab, this class is not my strong suite.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 07:20:24 AM »
Hi there, StudentInNeed:, and I know you're new to our forum, but I'd like to ask you to carefully read the Forum Rules{click}, and follow them.  You agreed to read and follow them when you signed up, and you're not really doing that.

You have many questions on the linked webpage, some abstract, some with multiple parts, some that you've done and some that just follow logically from what you've already done.  That webpage mentions multiple trials, but you only mention one set of data points.  That's not how things are done here.

Write down the first question you can't do, here, one forum, with your keyboard.  Show us what you tried, either by re-reading your textbook, class notes, the lab writeup.  And we'll see how we can help.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 01:56:00 PM by Arkcon »
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Vidya

• Mole Snacks: +46/-62
  • Online Chemistry and Organic Chemistry tutor
    • Online Chemistry Tutor
Re: Need Help with my Chemistry lab, this class is not my strong suite.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 06:44:27 PM »
Start with reaction of NaOH with HCl
Check how many moles of the base are reacting with how many moles of HCl.
Convert your moles of the base into moles of the acid.
Check how can you convert moles of acid into molarity of acid.

Sponsored Links