April 25, 2024, 03:01:04 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Book announcement: Air pollution dispersion modeling  (Read 7571 times)

Offline mbeychok

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +17/-3
  • Chemical engineer
    • Air Pollution Dispersion Modeling
Book announcement: Air pollution dispersion modeling
« on: May 29, 2006, 08:12:32 PM »
Anyone interested in or involved with air pollution dispersion modeling is invited to visit the website at:

. www.air-dispersion.com <== click here

to learn about "Fundamentals of Stack Gas Dispersion" ... a very comprehensive reference book on dispersion modeling of continuous, buoyant pollution plumes.  The website provides a brief description of the book, peer reviews published in technical journals, the book's complete table of contents, and other information.

Topics covered in the book include: classifying atmospheric stability; determining of buoyant pollution plume rise; Gaussian dispersion calculations and modeling; developing windspeed profiles; trapped pollution plumes; fumigated plumes; flare stack plumes; meteorological parameters, and much more.  Copies of the book have been purchased in the U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, South America, Europe, Australia, Africa and Asia (in a total of 57 countries), and are available in over 130 libraries worldwide.

Milton Beychok
Newport Beach, CA 92660, USA

Here is the front cover of the book:
Milton Beychok
(Visit me at www.air-dispersion.com)

Offline eugenedakin

• Oilfield Consulting Chemist
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +88/-2
  • My desk agrees with the law of entropy
    • Personal Website
Re: Book announcement: Air pollution dispersion modeling
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 08:46:15 PM »
Hello mbeychok,

How long did it take you to write the book?

I am guessing that this is your area of specialization?

Sincerely,

Eugene
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Offline mbeychok

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +17/-3
  • Chemical engineer
    • Air Pollution Dispersion Modeling
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 02:34:27 PM »
Eugene:

About two and a half years.  I am a retired chemical engineer and my expertise was in the process design of petroleum refineries, petrochemical plants, natural gas treating plants and power plants.

I was also very interested in environmental pollution technology ... and hence the book.

Perhaps, you can tell me why my book announcement was moved here ... it really is a chemical engineering subject and my web site also includes six free technical articles that would be of interest to many engineers.

Milt Beychok
Milton Beychok
(Visit me at www.air-dispersion.com)

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 02:39:20 PM »
The problem is that everyone else thinks their commercial ventures are relevant in the academic forums. Your post was moved here as all commercial announcements are, just standard forum policy nothing against you or your website.

Plus this forum is specifically designed for people to announce whatever they want and its free.
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 02:41:57 PM »
The other way to adverise is to include it as a link in your signature, and as you answer questions around the forum more people will view your signature and be inclined to check it out.
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 08:00:48 PM »
Perhaps, you can tell me why my book announcement was moved here ... it really is a chemical engineering subject and my web site also includes six free technical articles that would be of interest to many engineers.

Mbeychok:

Welcome to the forums. Mitch moved your thread here.

After having been a chemical engineer for half your life (I think), what do you think is the best part of being one, and of course the downs? A lot of people says chemical engineers are the best paid among the different engineering professions, but I reckon that is due to the nature of job hazard and the atypical long hours in wierd places. How true is that?

You may post your book under this thread at http://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?topic=839.0 minus the book cover.

"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Sponsored Links