March 28, 2024, 06:28:39 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: 916 ti-touch acid titrator calculation  (Read 3615 times)

Offline tj_154

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
916 ti-touch acid titrator calculation
« on: January 21, 2017, 06:12:11 PM »
I am setting up a program on a 916 ti-touch to titrate acetone/butanol with .05 M sodium Hydroxide. I can't seem to figure out the calculation or where the EP1 would come into play. If anyone has one or knows how to set up the calculation that would be nice to know. I am trying to set it up by weight rather then volume

Thanks,

Tim

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: 916 ti-touch acid titrator calculation
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 04:13:31 AM »
I am setting up a program on a 916 ti-touch to titrate acetone/butanol with .05 M sodium Hydroxide.

You mean calculating titration results, or titration curve?

I can't seem to figure out the calculation or where the EP1 would come into play. If anyone has one or knows how to set up the calculation that would be nice to know. I am trying to set it up by weight rather then volume

No idea what EP1 is.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline tj_154

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 10:26:04 AM »
I can get the curve i just can't seem to be accurate on the calculation. I am off like .01% acidity vs manual titration. EP1 is the equivalence point on the titration curve.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 02:06:04 PM »
We know nothing about what you are calculating, what data you are using, what model, how you have tested the difference and so on. There is no way to help you without precise information. I tried to gently prod you into giving us more details, but it didn't work.

Explain precisely what you are doing, we are not mind readers.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline tj_154

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 03:14:30 PM »
 I am using a 916 Ti-touch and i am trying to set up the calculation for acetone and butanol. i am trying to get %acetic acid as an answer. I have tried to enter manual titration calculations into the machine but that does not seem to work. I set up the settings to be exactly like manual titration (nitrgen purge and stiring).

the 916 Ti-Touch looks like
http://www.metrohm.com/en/products/titration/ti-touch/

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 05:10:42 PM »
set up the calculation for acetone and butanol. i am trying to get %acetic acid as an answer

Sorry, it still doesn't add up to anything. Is acetic acid an impurity in the butanol/acetone mixture?

Sponsored Links