April 17, 2024, 10:39:10 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: IUPAC?  (Read 6609 times)

Offline pgk

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +97/-24
Re: IUPAC?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2017, 02:18:11 PM »
1). Because, you risk to see a more complete extension of your invention, quickly published by academics who have a faster access in scientific journals or patented by third parties, with a priority date that is before your application date.
2). Because, you risk to finally be rejected by scientific journals of high impact factor that generally demand a lot of supplementary work, take a long judgment time and they are very strict to not well-known researchers that come from the middle of nowhere. Besides and in real life, the most of them historically were not and they are not friendly to “real” novelties.
3). Besides, open access publications are more often read, downloaded and cited.
4). As far as I understand, what you need is ensuring your intellectual and/or industrial rights, before getting in contact with third parties that might put your invention “in the refrigerator”, in order to exploit it later.

PS: The number on secrecy months may be different in different countries. So, look at your country Patent Office, as punctually AWK remarks.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 02:37:12 PM by pgk »

Offline rolnor

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +149/-10
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2017, 06:14:41 PM »
I am dont fullt understand the point with the patent, does that make it impossible for someone with greater resources than me to publish this invention more extentively in a journal?

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +555/-93
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 06:55:37 PM »
Any publication (yours or from others, even presented on symposium) within this limited time contained information from patent pending cancels patent.
AWK

Offline pgk

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +97/-24
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2017, 09:29:58 AM »
“…or from others…”
Good remark, AWK.

Sponsored Links