March 28, 2024, 03:54:54 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: 2006 FIFA World Cup  (Read 61399 times)

Offline cuongt

• Mole Snacks: +15/-22
  • I'm a mole!
Re: 2006 FIFA World Cup
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2006, 07:23:53 AM »
lol Mark. i wanted equador to win, they missed a realli early goal. Australia will win,bet australia easy money to win. lol.

Offline Alberto_Kravina

• Assault Chemist
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +70/-15
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2006, 01:02:48 PM »
Australia will win,bet australia easy money to win.

Nothing is impossible in football. You never know what will happen. I am not telling that it will happen, but you never know...
::)

Offline cuongt

• I'm a mole!
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2006, 05:28:23 AM »
OMG soooooooooooooooo GAY australia lost to italy in the last few seconds by a stupid penalty decision by referee. WHY AUSTRALIA ALWAYS GOT STUPID referees  >:( :( :'(
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 06:13:59 AM by Albert »

Offline CGB_Spender

• Mole Snacks: +1/-5
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2006, 06:00:03 AM »
OMG soooooooooooooooo GAY australia lost to italy in the last few seconds by a stupid penalty decision by referee. WHY AUSTRALIA ALWAYS GOT CRAP referees  >:( :( :'(

It was a wrong dessision from the referee. It was not a penalty. Looks like that the big teams always find a way for win a game, with or without the help from the referees...

Offline Albert

• Lonely Wanderer
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +112/-22
  • Half Decent Pharmaceutical Chemist
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2006, 07:00:02 AM »
Both sides didn't play great football. I agree with you about the penalty: there are lots of fouls like that in box.

I disagree about Italy being helped by the refs. Do you remember what either Blatter and Kaiser Franz said about Italy before the beginning of the world cup?

Offline cuongt

• I'm a mole!
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2006, 07:20:44 AM »
my dad says that italy and england are sly countries and they fake ALOT. he says that italy teams in italy have been screwed because they have been buying umpires, to control games in italy because of the betting and stuff. if only kewl wasnt injured they would have won the game easy if he was playing.

Offline pantone159

• Mole Herder
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +54/-6
  • A mole of moles doesn't smell so nice...
    • Go Texas Soccer!!
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2006, 12:01:14 PM »
The bad calls did go both ways.  The Italian player shouldn't have been sent off earlier, either.

Offline dfx-

• Mole Snacks: +4/-4
  • I'm NOT a mole!
    • Red Chill
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2006, 06:00:01 PM »
I'd like to make known my allegiances at this point to AAABE: Anyone At All But England! :P ;D
BSc(Hons) in Forensic and Environmental Analysis

Offline Will

• Organic Dude
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +58/-2
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2006, 09:14:52 PM »
I'd like to make known my allegiances at this point to AAABE: Anyone At All But England! :P ;D

Why anyone but England? Do you have something against England, or are you just a supporter of the remaining 7?

The only reason I am supporting England is because my mom walks the dog with Peter Crouch's mom. Otherwise I would support the underdog(s).

Good world cup news is Graham Poll has gone back home ;D.

Offline Alberto_Kravina

• Assault Chemist
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +70/-15
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2006, 05:52:21 AM »
my previsions for the next matches :P

Germany - Argentina => Argentina (I hope so)

Italy - Ukraine => Italy

Portugal - England => England

France - Brazil => Brazil

Offline Albert

• Lonely Wanderer
  • Retired Staff
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2006, 08:06:34 AM »

Why anyone but England? Do you have something against England, or are you just a supporter of the remaining 7?

He's Irish...

Offline Will

• Organic Dude
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +58/-2
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2006, 08:17:17 AM »

He's Irish...

I still don't get what the Irish have against the English. There are so many Irish people in England, and often English people go on and on about how Ireland is such a beautiful country. I don't see why there should be any hatred. The Irish saying bad things about the English just makes the situation worse. Irish people should set an example to the English by being the polite ones. I remember being in Hyde Park on St Patrick's Day and many English people joined the celebrations, so generally speaking the English have nothing against the Irish, and they should have no reason to.

I need to calm down. 8)

Offline P

• Mole Snacks: +64/-15
  • I am what I am
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2006, 09:32:03 AM »
It's to do with Northern Island.  The British Army has occupied it for years due to the continued civil unrest between Protestent and Catholic people.   They have had several referendums in NE and they always vote for a British army pressense.   The ones that don't want British rule get nasty about it, even though the majority votes for the army to stay - thast's what the IRA terrorists were about.

At least this is what it's about from what I can tell  -  I'm sure there would be Irish people out there who could tell the story alot better than I can.
Tonight I’m going to party like it’s on sale for $19.99!

- Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

Offline Albert

• Lonely Wanderer
  • Retired Staff
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2006, 11:06:39 AM »
my mom walks the dog with Peter Crouch's mom.

That's fantastic! Why don't she ask her why her boy celebrates goals dancing like a robot even if this makes him looking rather stupid? :D

lol. No, I'm kidding. I like him: he is good chap. :)

Offline dfx-

• Mole Snacks: +4/-4
  • I'm NOT a mole!
    • Red Chill
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2006, 11:01:02 PM »
Good Boys Portugal! 8)

Why anyone but England? Well...

There is obviously the fact I'm Irish, but that has less to do with it than you might think. It's to do with the hype and rubbish about them going to win the World Cup. If they are to win it, we'll NEVER hear the end of it. We still hear about 1966. About the Ashes win, the rugby World Cup win et al. How the fans seriously believe despite everything to the contrary still continue to believe they'll win it, it being 1966 all over again...yet again.

Already on other forums, they are complaining that there was never a red card today, that the ref was biased and that everything was against them. The simple fact was they were poor throughout the whole tournament, fluking their way through it and yet they just won't admit to that.

Anyway, roll on the rest of the Enjoyable World Cup! 8)
BSc(Hons) in Forensic and Environmental Analysis

Sponsored Links