April 25, 2024, 07:56:59 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: New ideas for simple organic rx?  (Read 2287 times)

Offline GinaTageldin

• Mole Snacks: +1/-2
New ideas for simple organic rx?
« on: April 14, 2017, 03:39:20 PM »
please i need your ideas in new and simple chemical reactions that are applicable in lab,and their chemicals (cheap) with high yield as click chemistry rx.
Appreciate your help

Offline wildfyr

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +203/-10
Re: New ideas for simple organic rx?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 10:33:24 PM »
Since I assume this is some undergrad lab example, why not do a click reaction? Benzyl azide+propargyl alcohol in the presence of catalytic Bromotris(triphenylphosphine)copper(I). I chose that Cu(I)/ligand because it supposedly makes CuAAC go under ambient conditions. Its fairly cheap, and only needs in a few mol %.

If you're a grad student and inventing new click chemistry is the goal... well isn't figuring that out your job?

Offline phth

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +39/-4
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 01:31:32 AM »
I would try refining searching to the journal of chemical education published by the ACS.

Offline GinaTageldin

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 05:20:28 AM »
Since I assume this is some undergrad lab example, why not do a click reaction? Benzyl azide+propargyl alcohol in the presence of catalytic Bromotris(triphenylphosphine)copper(I). I chose that Cu(I)/ligand because it supposedly makes CuAAC go under ambient conditions. Its fairly cheap, and only needs in a few mol %.

If you're a grad student and inventing new click chemistry is the goal... well isn't figuring that out your job?
yes i am graduate student but i didn't try click chemistry in my work..So, if you please could you send me a paper for this specially i have no idea about what is ligand ?? and the role of  Bromotris and the by pdt CuAAc in the reaction? and few mol % from what?
Thank you, really appreciate your help

Offline GinaTageldin

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 05:26:46 AM »
I would try refining searching to the journal of chemical education published by the ACS.
i didn't hear about this section of ACS but it is nice. I will try.
Thank you Sir

Sponsored Links