April 19, 2024, 06:23:00 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Request for Reviewers (Please and Thank you)  (Read 3688 times)

Offline JSUCY232

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Request for Reviewers (Please and Thank you)
« on: May 25, 2017, 12:31:25 PM »
Hello everyone,

I submitted a journal article to "The Chemical Educator." I need to submit 5 possible reviewers for my article. This article publishes a computational laboratory exercise where students build a set of neurotransmitters, align them, and search for possible new ligands in a database. I work at a small university in the middle of nowhere and I don't know any people to ask to review my article. Would someone be willing to help me out? I think you can e-mail me directly from this forum.

Thanks so much!

Donna

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +530/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
Re: Request for Reviewers (Please and Thank you)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 06:59:59 PM »
This isn't really how peer review works. Your best bet is to do a literature search for people who have research backgrounds in this area, and then recommend them as potential reviewers. The journal editor is going to select who he or she feels is most qualified to review the article, and doesn't have to use any of the reviewers you suggest. In essence, you aren't asking people to review your article - the editor does that. You just list some people who you think would be qualified technical experts to fairly review the article (and, typically, who are likely to give you a positive review). The editor takes it from there.

You should not be contacting the people you list as potential reviewers to ask them if they would review your paper, either, as peer review is anonymous. Invitations come from the journal editor.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Offline JSUCY232

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Request for Reviewers (Please and Thank you)
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 07:18:02 AM »
Thank you.

Sponsored Links