March 28, 2024, 05:20:33 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Liquid change the copper coin to silver  (Read 2525 times)

zolo

Liquid change the copper coin to silver
« on: May 14, 2017, 03:09:06 PM »
please i need your help , i bought a liquid from person can change ex: the copper coin to silver and i think this is not danger , because i put some liquid on my hand and clear the coin suddenly transform to silver very quickly, my question now please can anyone tell me who's this liquid ?

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Liquid change the copper coin to silver
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 04:14:12 PM »
Greetings, zolo:, I can see that you're new, and I'd like to welcome you to the Chemical Forums.  I'd like to remind you to read our Forum Rules{click}.  You agreed to these rules as a condition of signing up for our forum, and they apply to you, whether you agree with them or not, or even if you're unaware of them.  We want to see your work solving this problem.

We're always glad to help someone new to chemistry to learn new things.  But we don't just dump answers to random questions, just to prove how smart we are.  We're also not telepathic, we rely on clear, complete rational observations and facts, to come up with an answer.  We realize there may be a language barrier between us, but we want to work with you to communicate as best we can.

Let's start.

please i need your help ,

Thank you for being polite.  But its not necessary.  We know you cam here for help with your science problem, and we came here to help anyone with science problems.  Unless, you're trying to imply that your problem is more important than any others.  Because that's impolite.

i bought a liquid from person can change ex: the copper coin to silver

Nothing in science changes one metal into another.  This is basic human logic.  If such a thing were possible, we'd never make anything important out of silver or copper.  We'd use iron, or plastic, to make currency.  Try to keep things like this in mind.

So, something makes a copper coin look silvery.  An impressive trick.

and i think this is not danger ,

Don't know why you'd assume that.  We assume chemicals are always a little bit hazardous.

because i put some liquid on my hand

You shouldn't do that.

and clear the coin suddenly transform to silver very quickly,

Interesting.  Make a video and post it.

my question now please can anyone tell me who's this liquid ?
[/quote]

I have a guess.  Here's an old chemistry chestnut:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Turn-Copper-Pennies-into-Silver-and-Gold-Chemistr/

Warning.  People have been known to use mercuric chloride to do this trick.  Don't get that on your bare skin.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links