March 28, 2024, 09:41:11 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Good ways to revise  (Read 37703 times)

Offline charco

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
    • Chemistry teaching and learning resource at the IB chemistry website
Re: Good ways to revise
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 06:23:14 PM »
Always always always try to make lists of themes from memory. Then try and flesh them out. Check your notes to see what you have missed.

Repeat until you can do it both ways i.e. condensing your notes and expanding them

Once you have all of the info it's past paper after past paper.

pizza1512

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007, 06:46:47 PM »
Doing questions from the back of each section in chemistry textbooks are actually quite helpful...  However, I think the best way to counter chemistry problems is to just state the plain obvious...

Mmm... sorry that wasn't very helpful... try finding out ways that you find easiest to digest the info...

Offline AlwaysINXS

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007, 03:10:26 AM »
My chemistry teacher told me to write out my classwork in note form, put them in a display folder and revise them every night before I go to bed and the morning before the exam. He reckons the brain stews the information over in your head every night when your asleep and morning revision helps freshen them.

Offline nermal

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2007, 02:54:01 AM »
This will be handy for me since I'm in year 12…

……anyways, flash cards are allways good; you write out questions with the answers on the back. After a while you forget what the answers are and you can do them. As you do more (perhaps after ever chapter), you add to your collection of flash cards. Another thing I have done (as has been mentioned) is writeing out the notes into a seperate book with worked examples so if you get stuck you can look to your own notes which will be easier to understand then the ones in the text book. Passed exam papers, as also has been mentioned and I have heard sleeping on your notes is good! ;D

Nater11

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2007, 11:28:40 PM »
When im studying for a Chem. test(which, coincidentally im doing as we speak) i just write the equations over and over and over again. I usually fill up quite a few sheets of paper, but im always prepped for the next day

Offline organoman

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2007, 03:29:19 AM »
Note down all the headings on a paper and carry it with you all the time.Try to recall several times a day not really while studying but any time.May be while watching TV during breaks or ant time.And try to catch you where you are not clear or making a mistake. Don't go for exact language of text but try and go for content and include every point may be in different language. For reactions only writing and rewriting is the way as far as I know.

Offline profmsg

• Mole Snacks: +3/-12
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2007, 11:51:40 AM »
i normally write short notes on each chapter  and stick them on the wall .
so that when i revise, i dont have to go through all the way ( complicated and unnecessary explanation and language) .
this brings me straight to the  required point which saves lots of time.
 after that, i try to write on my own word. if i am abled to write on my own word that mean i will be abled to write in exam....i try few times which gives me confidence at exam....

Offline organoman

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2007, 12:55:43 AM »
That's true profmsg.

Offline AcetylCoA

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 06:26:16 AM »
The best for me is to do lots of practice tests before the exam in addition to review the lessons continuously about an hour a day before going to bed.

Offline Gleb

• Very New Member
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 05:25:48 AM »
does anyone know how to get tape recorder on notes in there a internet website on it thats has recording on the notes or what ??? if you please help that will be much helpful  :)

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2008, 07:14:56 AM »
does anyone know how to get tape recorder on notes in there a internet website on it thats has recording on the notes or what ??? if you please help that will be much helpful  :)

You might be able to find web seminars on a variety of topics, download-able to your ipod.  However, a central database, of your particular classes, is unlikely.  That would probably be an invasion of the privacy of the instructor and students.  You can make your own, or borrow a classmates, but you won't find a internet website on it thats has recording on the notes or what ???
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Gleb

• Very New Member
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2008, 03:27:23 AM »
ok then thanks anyway  ;)

weiguxp

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2008, 08:42:01 PM »
I personally used digital flash cards. I think there was a good one on download.com, forgot the name.

But you can included diagrams and voice on the cards, and it allows you to flip them over and see the answer on the back. All this is on the computer of course so it allows you to save paper :D

Offline Lil-lindz

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2008, 03:01:18 PM »
I allways find if i go through exam questions it helps because you get used to the termonology used
Also if your like me and listen to your ipod alot then record you notes on them and then when your out and about you can listen to them
Also coming up with silly stories and things like that can help to remember important information.
There are several techniques in order to help you remember things but they are very long winded, but work really well if your willing to put the small amount of work into it!!
I wont go into those techniques now, i have to hunt around for the book which contains that information, but when i do i will take you through it!

Offline Lilly

• Mole Snacks: +2/-1
Re: Good ways to REVIEW
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 07:49:42 PM »
But for exams, depending on how many times you get to take it, try a variety of things and find which one suits you more.
This is definitely something one can try out. Explore what works best for you.
Nothing is impossible because being impossible is possible.

Sponsored Links