March 28, 2024, 09:19:33 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Urea production  (Read 13138 times)

Offline Moroni

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Urea production
« on: June 08, 2006, 07:25:22 AM »
Hi,

I´m searching information about the production of urea in industrial scale. I need to prepare a Chemical engineering tesis of this process very complete with: mass and energy balance, equipments, flow sheet, diagrams, method selection, etc.
Somebody knows where can I found this information or can send me something?

My personal Email is: iantuna@laboratoriolitoral.com

Thanks,

Moroni

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Offline mbeychok

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +17/-3
  • Chemical engineer
    • Air Pollution Dispersion Modeling
Re: Urea production
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 05:53:08 PM »
Moroni:

To augment the information on the website which Geodome provided:

-- Most of the urea produced worldwide uses either the "CO2-stripping process" or the "NH3-stripping process" to react ammonia and carbon dioxide at a synthesis pressure of about 140 to 150 bar to yield urea and ammonia carbamate.

-- Stamicarbon (a Dutch engineering and construction company) licenses their version of the CO2-stripping process and about 100 plants are currently in operation using their process. See the March 2001 issue of the "Hydrocarbon Processing" magazine which is available in many university libraries and contains a schematic process flow diagram and a brief process description of Stamicarbon's process.

-- Snamprogetti (an Italian engineering and construction company) licenses their version of the NH3-stripping process and about 99 plants are currently in operation using their process. Again, see the March 2001 issue of the "Hydrocarbon Processing" magazine which is available in many university libraries and contains a schematic process flow diagram and a brief process description of Snamprogetti's process.
Milton Beychok
(Visit me at www.air-dispersion.com)

Offline technologist

• Mole Snacks: +6/-4
    • Chemical Professionals
Re: Urea production
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 03:11:47 AM »
Currently TOYO is also providing Urea technology with Kellogg (Now Halliburton).
Howver, the best process is available from Snam's Integrated Ammonia & Urea Process which is very cost competitive. This integrated process is available from one more vendor which I'm not able to recollect at present.

Currently best plant can offer you an energy consumption of 4.6 to 4.8 Gcal/Te of Urea depending on combined technology features for Ammonia & Urea production. This includes Ammonia production facility also.

Sponsored Links