How rapidly do symptoms present themselves after Methanol exposure by unknown route?
My husband's autopsy showed he died from Metabolic acidosis brought about by Methanol (and isopropanol).
Vitreous source quantities:
Methanol at 3400 mg/L (lethal is around 300 mg/L)
Isopropanol 27 mg/L
No ethanol, acetone or drugs were present. He had not consumed tainted ethanol (alcohol) made with Methanol, nor did he smell of any alcohol.
What products are made with both Methanol & isopropanol?
At 8 pm, he was already showing advanced signs of poisoning, acting "drunk". By 9 pm he was deceased.
At what time would Kussmaul respirations present, due to metabolic acidosis? Shortly before death or hours earlier? I believe the second set of symptoms are observable 10-30 hours after exposure.
What does the excessive amount of Methanol (3400 mg/L) indicate? Accident or intentional? What would corresponding Formate levels be?