March 29, 2024, 09:56:04 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: choose a book for translation  (Read 5817 times)

Offline mana

• Mole Snacks: +3/-3
choose a book for translation
« on: July 21, 2017, 11:11:09 AM »
hi all
I want to translate a book named troubleshoting hplc guide which is a help published by sigma aldreich and agilent and ...for hplc instrument, but I don't know is it possible to translate such a book or not ???
have you seen such translation before?

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: choose a book for translation
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 08:08:33 PM »
I'm sorry, perhaps this is simply a minor case  of a language problem.  But I really don't understand what you mean.

hi all

Hello yourself.

I want to translate a book

Do you want to do it or do want someone to do it for you, its hard to tell what you mean.  Except, why would you ask if you wanted to do it.

named troubleshoting hplc guide which is a help published by sigma aldreich and agilent and ...for hplc instrument,

OK.  We know which book you mean.  No wait, we don't really, I don't know if both Sigma-Aldrich and Agilent would write such a book.  And I don't think you've given a real title.  Even if you gave it twice.

but I don't know is it possible to translate such a book or not ???

Just about any technical document can be translated.

have you seen such translation before?

Many times.  To what language do you want the translation?  I can check your IP address, but for the benefit of the group, why not say what you need.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline mana

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 01:52:09 AM »
sorry for my poor English :-[
I want to translate the help myself but I don't know is it possible to translate and publish such a help book or not! because I have never seen any body translate  such help notes,
I want to collect and translate all the help notes which are published by water, agilent, sigma aldrich and ... , but some of these helps are not clearly defined who is the writer and which year it has been published so I don't know how I can refer to them ???

Offline Irlanur

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +32/-4
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 05:14:01 AM »
Why do you want to translate them? of course it is possible, why not?

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 06:41:28 AM »
mana:, when you're faced with a language difference, its important to try to speak simply.  Both of us must avoid idioms, which are cultural ways of saying things that might not match across languages.  I've done that in this thread, and you have not yet done so.  Work on this please.  When I answer one of your questions, don't ask the same question again, ask it in a different way, so I can see why you're still confused.

I even do this in person, when speaking to someone for whom English is a second language -- supervisor and co-workers with PhD's don't need me to use idioms when I speak to them.  My father learned English serving in the United States army, and he didn't like it when I said "procrastinate" instead of "being lazy."

So again.

sorry for my poor English :-[

That's OK, we're glad to help.  Learning helps the next person, and even ourselves.  Let's both not waste our effort.  That insults the whole group.

I want to translate the help myself

Io voglio tradurre il libro stesso

Je veux traduire le livre moi-même

من میخواهم خودم کتاب را ترجمه کنم

أريد ترجمة الكتاب بنفسي

I speak the first two languages, so I can verify that Google translate did a fair job (I changed the Italian one.)  I don't speak Persian, but from your IP address, you might be able to.  Also, I'm given to understand, throughout the Middle East, Arabic is used to communicate between nations.  So that's the next two text blocks.  I hope Google hasn't done something awful.

but I don't know is it possible to translate

Clearly, it is, with varying degrees of success.  There is no reason, to ask again, if it is possible.  Now, can you tell us, if the last two are good or not?  And if not, what would you change, and why?

and publish such a help book or not!

If you go to a web page associated with the vendor, they may sell it.

because I have never seen any body translate  such help notes,

The Waters Alliance series has a replaceable language chip that will rename each line of the display into the language the user wants.  The Farsi and Arabic chips was available.  I always wished the company would buy and install those, then I would learn those words.

I want to collect and translate all the help notes which are published by water, agilent, sigma aldrich and ... ,

Why not try it and see.

but some of these helps are not clearly defined who is the writer and which year it has been published so I don't know how I can refer to them ???

You probably won't be allowed to sell such a book, due to international copyright law.  But you can make one for yourself.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 06:52:11 AM by Arkcon »
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline mana

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 03:01:10 AM »
thank you very much dear arkcon and Irlanur :)

I want to translate the help myself

Io voglio tradurre il libro stesso

Je veux traduire le livre moi-même

من میخواهم خودم کتاب را ترجمه کنم

أريد ترجمة الكتاب بنفسي

I speak the first two languages, so I can verify that Google translate did a fair job (I changed the Italian one.)  I don't speak Persian, but from your IP address, you might be able to.  Also, I'm given to understand, throughout the Middle East, Arabic is used to communicate between nations.  So that's the next two text blocks.  I hope Google hasn't done something awful.

but I don't know is it possible to translate

Clearly, it is, with varying degrees of success.  There is no reason, to ask again, if it is possible.  Now, can you tell us, if the last two are good or not?  And if not, what would you change, and why?

yes the sentences are right  :)

Sponsored Links