March 29, 2024, 02:35:54 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: QUINOLINIC ACID INHIBITOR  (Read 4954 times)

Offline Fluminensis

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
QUINOLINIC ACID INHIBITOR
« on: August 20, 2017, 08:29:02 AM »
Hi,

does anyone know any inhibitor of quinolinic acid (natural or syntethic) that could be used for humans or animals.

Thanks.

Offline sjb

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +222/-42
Re: QUINOLINIC ACID INHIBITOR
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 10:08:50 AM »

Offline Babcock_Hall

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +319/-22
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 10:41:27 AM »
I do not understand your question.  One often speaks in terms of inhibitors of enzymes, but seldom of compounds.  Do you mean an inhibitor of the biosynthesis of quinolinic acid?  Do you mean an antagonist (in the sense of being something that competes against the natural ligand of a receptor, as opposed to an agonist) versus quinolinic acid?

Offline Fluminensis

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 01:06:20 PM »
Hi,

quinolinic acid is a neurotoxin, that is made in a kynurenine pathway in the body (especially in the brain), under the stress reaction and in the immune reaction. It is connected with neurodegenerative diseases.
I ment if anybody knows any substance that could suppress, antagonize or in any other way to inhibit formation or action of this neurotoxin.

Thanks.

Offline Babcock_Hall

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +319/-22
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 10:05:31 AM »
So the answers to my questions were yes and yes, meaning you were looking for both.  I do not know the answer to your question, and in any case, our purpose here is to help you help yourself, as opposed to dumping answers.  However if this were my research project, I might start by going to PubMed (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/), so that I could limit myself to the peer-reviewed biomedical-related literature.  One might try search terms such as "quinolinic acid antagonist" and one might try limiting oneself to review articles (check review on the left hand column).  This produced a manageable list of twenty five articles in the present example.  If you do multiple searches, save your searches in the clipboard, which you can email to yourself.

Offline Fluminensis

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 11:50:19 AM »
I am sure that searching for quinolinic acid antagonist is crucial for neuropharmacology in fields of neurology and even in psychiatry.
Thanks for your suggestion and I wish to know if there are others that are interested in the subject and would like to contact them.

Sponsored Links