April 23, 2024, 06:06:16 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Engineers: Introduce Yourself  (Read 334677 times)

Offline Le Wins

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Engineers: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #210 on: February 20, 2022, 08:45:15 AM »
Hi!

So, first of all, I am not a chemist, but as a civil engineer I have to know some very basic chemistry principles to do my job properly.
For example being familiar with the reaction occurring in concrete, combine the materials and construction layers properly to avoid for example dissimilar metal corrosion, use the proper surface materials which are resistant to physical and chemical stress, degree of flammability of materials or what dangerous combustion product they create, etc.
And also there is other reason which is why I am interested in chemistry, and that is my hobbies.
Battery chemistry - battery packs rebuilding projects, using different chemicals as cleaning products, rust, limescale removal, repurposing old building materials, electrolysis, galvanization, electroplating etc.

Current project: Repurposing old synthetic varnishes/paints to create waterproof floor coating. Surface – Concrete, plaster and ceramic bricks

P.S.: Sorry my poor English

Offline Bm96

• Very New Member
« Reply #211 on: February 23, 2022, 05:55:11 AM »
Hello all!

I am not an engineer however I work in the chemical manufacturing industry and work alongside chemical engineers. I am looking to network with you all, and in turn, further my career by educating myself further! I am currently based in Scotland, UK.

Nice to meet you!  :)

Offline steven.viollet

• Very New Member
« Reply #212 on: November 08, 2022, 06:10:27 AM »
Hello,

I am a chemical engineers from Freibourg in switzerland. I currently work in biotech area for a frangrace and flavour companie.
Kind regards,
Steven

Offline jalapenoMx

• Very New Member
« Reply #213 on: December 07, 2023, 02:16:02 AM »
Hi , everyone . this is my 3rd year as student for chemical engineering.

Sponsored Links