March 29, 2024, 09:06:04 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: fat and amino acids.  (Read 3415 times)

Offline Ram

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
fat and amino acids.
« on: September 18, 2017, 01:19:20 AM »
Hello Forum Members. i need your help in part of my project.
Hope I'm on the right forum and if not, I apologize.
I need to identify in a creative way, an invisible stain that contains fat and amino acids.
Do you have an idea?
Thanks.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: fat and amino acids.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 07:29:59 AM »
Greetings, Ram:, I'd like to welcome you and all the new students to the Chemical Forums.  But I'd like to as you to trouble yourself to read our Forum Rules{click}. You already accepted them when you signed up for our forum, and they apply to you, whether you agree with them or not, or even if you're unaware of them. 

We want to see your work, and then, we want to give you hints, so that you learn for yourself.  You question seems simple enough, but you've left off some context, which would help us solve this problem.  Let's get started.

I need to identify

That's a typical task for a scientist.

in a creative way,

annnddd, that's just a cute way of talking.  That makes everything harder, as we try to reach an intangible.  Any help we give, you can say isn't creative enough.  Grownups don't talk that way with each other.  Try to remember that.

an invisible stain

Hopefully, this is meant in the sense that, there's a stain on a fabric that you can't see easily.  I moved your topic to the Biochemistry sub-forum, so people could take this to mean a biological stain, which is a different sense.  Or maybe you meant it in that way.  Hard to tell.

that contains fat and amino acids.

OK.  What do know about the properties of fats and amino acids?  If you were assigned this as a class project, the instructor may have begun to touch on these sorts of topics, or expected you could check some textbooks on these topics.  What have you done, or what do you think you could do.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links