April 19, 2024, 02:41:17 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: please help...  (Read 6698 times)

tashkent

please help...
« on: August 26, 2004, 09:54:43 PM »
Hi to everyone...

I am looking for review materials for my upcoming GRE Chemistry exam.  This is my 2nd time taking it.  I'm interested in having 'Practicing to take the GRE Chemistry Test' 1st or 2nd ed. by ETS.  I would like to obtain a copy or even a photocopy of the book, so I can practice on more problems.

Have taken it the 1st time and I was extremely frustrated.  I hope an online discussion board can be integrated in this website for GRE chemistry examinees.  I lost my confidence after taking the exam.  Hope somebody can help....

Am leaving my e-mail for any good souls willing to help.  Thanks to everyone!

Sincerely,
Buffy Ang

e-mail: hungry23ph@yahoo.com

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
Re:please help...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 10:17:18 PM »
I'm sure your GRE chemistry questions can be sorted out according to organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, general chemistry, analytical chemistry & chemical biology. Definitely you won't post at the "High School Homework Help Form".. LOL

But please remember our guidelines on posting questions at the forum, mainly "please show that you've at least attempted the problem.  We don't mind helping you solve problems but we are ethically opposed to doing homework for you."

heh.. just post.. pretty sure many of us look forward to challenging questions.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2004, 10:17:47 PM by geodome »
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Offline hmx9123

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +59/-18
Re:please help...
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 09:58:50 PM »
Just to let you know about the Chemistry GRE, it's a very hard exam.  I took it and wound up with something like the 58th percentile, which I thought was horrible.  I talked to my grad office admissions counselor and she said that was pretty good for the exam for an incoming grad student, because that test was not only hard, but taken by postdocs, people returning to grad school with job experience, people with masters degrees, and a few others.  Don't feel too bad if you didn't do as well as you'd hoped--everyone does horribly.  I left every single physical chemistry question blank, which was about 1/4 of the test, if that makes you feel any better.
  I don't know of any guides off the top of my head, but the questions are random.  Just review your notes from your classes as best you can.  It's not easy.  And don't worry about lost confidence--the confidence you lose your fist week or two in grad school will be much worse than from this exam. :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 10:00:42 PM by hmx9123 »

Sponsored Links